cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staples Business Line of Credit

tag
DeltaMSP

Staples Business Line of Credit

I noticed that Staples was offering $50.00 off first purchase of $100.00 if I applied for the Staples Business Card.

I own a relatively sucessful e-commerence company with six figures revenue. So I went ahead and applied for it. I did check the Fico forums before applying for it and noticed that a lot of whom got approved only had $700-1000 CL. Didn't really care, just wanted the $50 off!

So I went through the whole application process which sent me to Citi who is the bank behind the card and I got APPROVED! $3,500.00 CL!!!!!!

Since this "credit" card is only valid at Staples, did they take a credit pull from my reports? It did ask for my SSN!

I'm thinking about canceling it after getting the $50 since I have the Chase Ink which offers 5x points at office supply stores.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Staples Business Line of Credit

Was it a Business Revolving or a Business NET Account?

Also, was it a personal guarantee section you filled out?

If so, keep it open... it will build your business credit even further...

it's backed by citi...

It should not report if you have a EIN (corp, llc, etc..)... it will report if you default

Message 2 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Citi Business cards don't report.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes, you took a HP if you filled out the personal gaurantee section which sounds like you did.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.