Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Starting a Franchise HELP PLEASE!

Ok thank you that is very helpful.  ♡

Message 11 of 13
fm92555
Regular Contributor

Letting us know the type of business is a big help.

For that type of business your equipment needs should be mininimal and definitely not like openning a full restaruant. You would most likely save for this equipment and pay for it in cash. If you went another direction and needed larger or more equipment (10k-100k) you could finance it. Some manufacturers will have their own finance or lease opportunities.

You will want to consider some of the same aspects of the food businesses. You would want something near a lot of restaurants or customers. I see many fail that are in some strip mall in an out of the way location.

Also you will want to watch how you lease the property and its lease length. There are often property taxes and property expenses split among all the tennants in the location. These could be street sweeper for the parking lot,  security, gardening, maintenance...there is a long list of things they could ask you to pay for.

If you do get a franchise you may need to pay for the remodeling of the business according to a certain set of uniform standards.

On the remodeling note, you would need to make sure you can navigate the city permit process. Some cities are just crazy when it comes to getting a final permit building permit and a permit to operate, two seperate items. They want you to navigate an almost impossible obstacle course of requirements. I know Los Angeles is very difficult.

Message 12 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Ok ty I will definitely keep that in mind as well.    I like how they keep the looks more updated in their stores but they are not all matching so I think they are more lenient than some strict business places may be as far as everything must be perfect and uniform.     I know the owner of the building itself may have it's own rules but landscaping was something I definitely thought would be their doing as it was their property and I just paid rent out of it so that's good to think about so I can ask them if they would ask me to upkeep or pay extra for xyz etc.    

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.