Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suntrust Bank, BBVA Compass Business Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suntrust Bank, BBVA Compass Business Cards

I am thinking of applying for their business cards. Before I do - do they report to personal credit? Does anyone know what bureaus they pull? Also, can you live in any state or do you need ot be in a service area for BBVA and Suntrust? I was declined for US Bank because I am not in their service area....don't want to make the same mistake again by applying for any of these cards.

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MansaMusa
New Contributor

Re: Suntrust Bank, BBVA Compass Business Cards

My reasearch showed Sunturst pulls EQ. I asked a rep and was told EQ is correct. Suntrust granted me a business card without even pulling my personal credit, but of course require a PG. It does not report to personal credit.
Message 2 of 7
601flyguy
Established Contributor

More DP on how you got in without HP? I have the biz checking
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, unless you received a targeted offer or are a current customer with SunTrust or BBVA, you'd need to be within their footprint area for their products.

BBVA business CCs don't report to personal CRs.
Message 4 of 7
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I have a suntrust biz checking, but no offers. Thanks for the info.

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 5 of 7
MansaMusa
New Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:
More DP on how you got in without HP? I have the biz checking
I just signed up. I actually spoke with a rep yesterday and he said they only go off of D&B, they don't check personal credit. I actually hoped they would pull my credit because I would have received a MUCH higher starting limit if it was based on my personal credit. Also, they pull EQ for personal and I was looking for business cards that pulled EQ (everyone wants EX and TR). You have to go into a branch to apply for all business products at Suntrust.
Message 6 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Interesting point about applying in-branch for Suntrust products.  Suntrust solicited me for a personal MC even though I'm out of their normal footprint after I opened a checking account.  Same for US Bank, both personal and business.  BBVA didn't send me any mailers, but on my last trip down I accepted a pre-approved personal Visa card.  I didn't look into their business cards, so maybe on the next trip.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.