cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch T-Mobile Account from Personal To Business

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Switch T-Mobile Account from Personal To Business

I have had a cell phone account with T-Mobile for over two years and have never had an issue. I am trying to find creative ways to build my business credit while I am building my business. Since I have my son and nephew on my personal I also have my cell phone and my two tablet (with data and phone) on the account. I use them for business and was wondering if T-Mobile would allow me to switch my cell phone and tablet phone numbers to a business account.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Switch T-Mobile Account from Personal To Business

You can change to business liability but this will not help build business credit at all. T-Mobile doesn't report to business reports unless you default. There is no real benefit in doing this other than not having it on your personal name if you default.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Switch T-Mobile Account from Personal To Business

@reneasworld wrote:

I have had a cell phone account with T-Mobile for over two years and have never had an issue. I am trying to find creative ways to build my business credit while I am building my business. Since I have my son and nephew on my personal I also have my cell phone and my two tablet (with data and phone) on the account. I use them for business and was wondering if T-Mobile would allow me to switch my cell phone and tablet phone numbers to a business account.

Yes they will all you have to do is give them business name and EIN number they will verify business etc and move everything over to business name.Only down side is any numbers listed under account will show up on caller Id under company name.I have 99 lines available in credit they them of course don't use that many.They don't report unless you default or add yourself to Your Dnb business profile which you must pay for.I use as a reference still 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.