Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony MC or Capital One Spark?

tag
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

Synchrony MC or Capital One Spark?

If I can only get one of these, which makes more sense? I am fine with PG.

1. Sam's Club Business mastercard (Synchrony) - double pull, reports to 2

2. Capital One Spark Classic - triple pull, reports to 4

I think I prefer to deal with Synchrony, but I was curious if anyone had input.

(I will definitely do NFCU if I can get a membership, but I might also want one of these.)

I do AZEO.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony MC or Capital One Spark?

@Swatch wrote:

If I can only get one of these, which makes more sense? I am fine with PG.

1. Sam's Club Business mastercard (Synchrony) - double pull, reports to 2

2. Capital One Spark Classic - triple pull, reports to 4

I think I prefer to deal with Synchrony, but I was curious if anyone had input.

(I will definitely do NFCU if I can get a membership, but I might also want one of these.)

Which one has better rewards for your business spending? 

Message 2 of 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

+1 to whatever fits your spend the best. Also, what are you referring to by "reports to 2, and reports to 4?"

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 7
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

+1 to whatever fits your spend the best. Also, what are you referring to by "reports to 2, and reports to 4?"

Business credit reports. Oops, only 3 for Capital One.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Which-Bank-Biz-Cards-Report-To-Biz-Credit-Reports/t...

I do AZEO.
Message 4 of 7
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Sync B only reports to Business.  That may be a factor.  We pay in full but not before the statement cuts on the Business side.  That would wreak havoc on our personal reports so we will never have a Cap1 or a Discover business card.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 5 of 7
eg2222
Valued Member

@spiritcraft1 Capital One Spark Business 2% CB no longer reports to personal credit if you applied under their new program (I believe if you have an old account it does still report). I have had the card for 7 months or so and applied when the new progrsm rolled out and can confirm it does not report to personal. 

Message 6 of 7
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Thats for that.  I was unaware, that is a good development.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.