Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Quest For Chase Ink..APPROVED

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

The Quest For Chase Ink..APPROVED

A LITTLE BACKSTORY: Last time I app'ed in August--I was told they'd need further proof of my business...so I aborted the mission and decided to wait until Spring of this year.
Yesterday I went into a branch and was told before I app'ed basically the same thing. The business banker researched and said I could go to my county courthouse and get a notarized "Doing Business As" certificate--and that would suffice for the application. Got it and went back to the branch this morning. Decided to do what I've read here on the forum and opened a business checking acct. ($300 bonus available after 6 qualifying transactions). Banker told me afterward I had a pre-approval for one of the INK cards AND at the lowest APR-15.74% (wasn't expecting that) so I went with the 5% selected categories no AF card. So long story short--all forms have been completed--and now just waiting for underwriting to be able to view my DBA certificate for final approval...the banker said she should know by 4:00 today and she'd call me back around 6:00. Will update the thread later with their final decision and SL if approved.
UPDATE: Checked online a few minutes ago with my new bus. log-in: the new card was there with a $7k CL. Now I've got a big decision to make with my Freedom and CSP--keep or transfer the limit(s) over to INK and let go....?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: The Quest For Chase Ink..

hope all goes well!

what were your stats at time of approval? 

Message 2 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

hope all goes well!

Thanks inaximous--but still a pre-approval at this point. 711 on EX and 713 on EQ--they pulled both. Chase usually double-hits me on ALL credit requests.

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 21
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

hope all goes well!

Thanks inaximous--but still a pre-approval at this point. 711 on EX and 713 on EQ--they pulled both. Chase usually double-hits me on ALL credit requests.

Those pre-aprovals tend to be pretty solid from all the posts I've read around here.

How about your 5/24 count? I noticed you have a ton of cards, so I was just wondering. 

Message 4 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

hope all goes well!

Those pre-aprovals tend to be pretty solid from all the posts I've read around here.

How about your 5/24 count? I noticed you have a ton of cards, so I was just wondering. 

Currently at 4/24 before this app today. Most of those cards are 3-5 years old. I need to get rid of between 5 and 10 of them--lots of them I barely use if at all. Pending this INK decision my Freedom and CSP may be among them.

BUSINESS
Message 5 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

A LITTLE BACKSTORY: Last time I app'ed in August--I was told they'd need further proof of my business...so I aborted the mission and decided to wait until Spring of this year.
Yesterday I went into a branch and was told before I app'ed basically the same thing. The business banker researched and said I could go to my county courthouse and get a notarized "Doing Business As" certificate--and that would suffice for the application. Got it and went back to the branch this morning. Decided to do what I've read here on the forum and opened a business checking acct. ($300 bonus available after 6 qualifying transactions). Banker told me afterward I had a pre-approval for one of the INK cards AND at the lowest APR-15.74% (wasn't expecting that) so I went with the 5% selected categories no AF card. So long story short--all forms have been completed--and now just waiting for underwriting to be able to view my DBA certificate for final approval...the banker said she should know by 4:00 today and she'd call me back around 6:00. Will update the thread later with their final decision and SL if approved.

Good luck with it. A Chase Ink card is the one thing that could get me out of the garden at this point. That's the one card I could really use that I don't have.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica: Have you talked to a business banker lately? I remember reading a while back you opened a bus. checking acct. so by now you could have a pre-approval waiting as well. Your scores (and probably income) are better than mine.

BUSINESS
Message 7 of 21
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Quest For Chase Ink..APPROVED

Congrats! Great approval. If I can ever get to 4/24 I’m going for the Ink!

Double HP?
Message 8 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: The Quest For Chase Ink..APPROVED

@LittleSal wrote:
Congrats! Great approval. If I can ever get to 4/24 I’m going for the Ink!

Double HP?

Thanks---and yep--double HP. Chase hits my EX and EQ ANYTIME I app for any kind of new credit.

BUSINESS
Message 9 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@SouthJamaica: Have you talked to a business banker lately? I remember reading a while back you opened a bus. checking acct. so by now you could have a pre-approval waiting as well. Your scores (and probably income) are better than mine.

Yeah and I asked him to keep his eye open for any preapprovals. But I doubt he's paying much attention to me Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.