Did you mean: 

The Quest For Chase Ink..APPROVED

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: The Quest For Chase Ink..

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@SouthJamaica: Have you talked to a business banker lately? I remember reading a while back you opened a bus. checking acct. so by now you could have a pre-approval waiting as well. Your scores (and probably income) are better than mine.

Yeah and I asked him to keep his eye open for any preapprovals. But I doubt he's paying much attention to me Smiley Happy

You'll probably need to go into the branch and get a different banker. Pretty sure you're bound to have a pre-approval somewhere if I had one.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 11 of 21
MB54
Established Member

Hello - South Jamaica

I opened a Chase business checking account the other day and did not recieve a pre-approval, how is a preapproval is generated wit Chase when a person open a business checking account?

MB
Message 12 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@SouthJamaica: Have you talked to a business banker lately? I remember reading a while back you opened a bus. checking acct. so by now you could have a pre-approval waiting as well. Your scores (and probably income) are better than mine.

Yeah and I asked him to keep his eye open for any preapprovals. But I doubt he's paying much attention to me Smiley Happy

You'll probably need to go into the branch and get a different banker. Pretty sure you're bound to have a pre-approval somewhere if I had one.

Smiley Happy Thanks. I actually did have an in-branch preapproval a few weeks ago, but it was for a Freedom card, which I don't need.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MB54 wrote:

Hello - South Jamaica

I opened a Chase business checking account the other day and did not recieve a pre-approval, how is a preapproval is generated wit Chase when a person open a business checking account?

I'm the wrong person to ask, since I don't have one Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 21
MB54
Established Member

Thank you....

MB54

MB
Message 15 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: The Quest For Chase Ink..APPROVED

UPDATE: Checked online a few minutes ago with my new bus. log-in: the new card was there with a $7k CL. Now I've got a big decision to make with my Freedom and CSP--keep or transfer the limit(s) over to INK and let go....?

I say keep them. Now you have a Chase Trifecta! 3 cards feeding your UR pool. You can travel in the style to which you'd like to become accustomed. 

Here's a good article about the great card you just picked up: 

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/reasons-to-get-chase-ink-cash-card/

Message 16 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

UPDATE: Checked online a few minutes ago with my new bus. log-in: the new card was there with a $7k CL. Now I've got a big decision to make with my Freedom and CSP--keep or transfer the limit(s) over to INK and let go....?

I say keep them. Now you have a Chase Trifecta! 3 cards feeding your UR pool. You can travel in the style to which you'd like to become accustomed. 

Thanks for the suggestion SJ. But the fact of the matter is I hardly ever use Freedom and CSP--plus I need to do some SERIOUS fat trimming anyway. I can get more than enough UR pts. with the INK alone just paying my cable + cell phone every month ($300x 5 URs right there alone).

Freedom has a low limit--high APR--and I'm just simply not interested in using the rotating categories enough to keep it. However I am considering a pc from CSP to FU--thus keeping my CSP APR (hopefully) and 4+ year history--still debating that one.
EDIT: Just read the TPG article--looks like CSP at least may get to live for a little while...I need that card at least to collect UR pts. from the INK.

BUSINESS
Message 17 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion SJ. But the fact of the matter is I hardly ever use Freedom and CSP--plus I need to do some SERIOUS fat trimming anyway. I can get more than enough UR pts. with the INK alone just paying my cable + cell phone every month ($300x 5 URs right there alone).

Freedom has a low limit--high APR--and I'm just simply not interested in using the rotating categories enough to keep it. However I am considering a pc from CSP to FU--thus keeping my CSP APR (hopefully) and 4+ year history--still debating that one.
EDIT: Just read the TPG article--looks like CSP at least may get to live for a little while...I need that card at least to collect UR pts. from the INK.

I hadn't even thought of that.

Message 18 of 21
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

You don't need the CSP to collect UR points from other cards, but the value is definitely higher when you transfer other UR points to it. Either 1.25x if redeemed for travel on the portal or the ability to transfer to airline/hotel partners, which is where I find the highest value.

You could move the Ink points to a different UR earning card as well, but the value would be 1:1 and no transfer to partners.

I'm not sure if you value UR as a travel currency since it seems like you don't use the other cards, but I'd say that's where the real value is.

Message 19 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@inaximous: Yeah--what you said about pairing CSP with INK is what I actually meant. If I wanted to get the most out of my INK pts. it's best to have CSP to transfer the pts. over to for travel purposes. Besides in looking at the application now for CSP--it now comes with a range of APRs from 18.24% to 25.xx%--whereas when I got mine almost 5 years ago it was one set APR for all applicants. I decided to hang onto mine b/c I currently have the lowest APR available for that card--and if I were to close mine and re-apply later I could get stuck with the highest one instead.

BUSINESS
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.