cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Sky is falling... Approved American Express Delta Platinum Business!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The Sky is falling... Approved American Express Delta Platinum Business!

I can't tell you how many times I have applied for American Express Cards and how many times I have released my taxes and they still have not liked them... Last month I applied again since my 2019 Taxes have now been filed and much better than 2018 so I was ready to share again... To my surprise it popped back asking if I would sign into my bank account and let them verify income that way... umm.. YES!

I sign in to Chase and then have to select personal vs. business accounts... I select them and a screen comes up basically with conditions that once I say finalize they will send the accounts coded business or personal for review of my app.... it was FROZEN!

About 5 minutes later I received application finalized email and it was denied.

Waited 30 days and reapplied... this time went straight to pending... 5 days later I received the 1065 tax release... I filled out and sent in.

Fast forward about 2 weeks and I receive a call this morning and it says Amex App Status (I save all numbers!)

He wants to verify my business structure... call hangs up.

I call back and just as she repeats my business name and card I applied for... call hangs up. BLEEP*

I call back... she finds app, asks about owners, makes an update and puts me on hold, and comes back. CONGRATULATIONS, APPROVED!

I have not held an American Express Card under my own name since 2000 When I filed BK... I have had my credit in good standing many times but just never make it past their very smart little computer! haha

My member date is 1999 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: The Sky is falling... Approved American Express Delta Platinum Business!

Congrats on your approval!! Your patience paid off, and now you can re-establish a relationship. 🙌 

Message 2 of 18
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  I would have given up and wrote them off.  

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 18
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Dang 1999! After all those years and all those hoops to jump through, plus two hang-ups, you deserve the "Patience of the Year" award!  Congrats and enjoy your new biz tl...really awesome!

Any dp's to share?  Your's are probably pretty interesting to those trying to get in.  I was shot down too and searched for threads like yours to keep me motivated. Ya dun good!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 18
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the Business Platinum approval!😄

Screenshot_20200818-090608.jpg

🤔 I almost have no other words words,  to me  this story redefines working to obtain a CC.😶

Message 6 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval for the card. May I ask what happend in 2000 with Amex card and why they did not approve for almost 20+ years for another card? Did you burn Amex or did some thing like that?

Message 7 of 18
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

|  
Message 8 of 18
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 9 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Congrats on your approval for the card. May I ask what happend in 2000 with Amex card and why they did not approve for almost 20+ years for another card? Did you burn Amex or did some thing like that?

Chapter 7 in 2000, another financial fall in 2007 that Amex was not a part of and I paid everyone back, another financial fall in 2012 that Amex was not a part of and I paid everyone back... 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.