The main appeal of no PG?

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: The main appeal of no PG?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

While I'm sure there's a few different responses to these questions @wasCB14 , I'll share my own perspective:

My preference for no PG is really aligned to your first point.  Without a PG, I can acquire more credit that does not pull or report on my personal CB so if balances are carried over or if there's higher than preferred utilization on an account, it does not have any relevance on my personal credit.  

Pulling and reporting are 2 completely different items. When you apply for business credit that is personally guaranteed, there is a hard pull on your personal credit.  But it is rare for business account balances to report to your personal credit (the only ones I know of that do report to personal credit are Capital One, TD Bank, and Discover).

A personal HP is not necessarily always the case. There are many options to acquire a pretty good amount of Biz Credit without a personal HP. Many I've gone after have been SP in the last 2 years..my exception was FNBO...no SP offered....but other SP accounts do exist

Message 11 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: The main appeal of no PG?

@cashorcharge wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

While I'm sure there's a few different responses to these questions @wasCB14 , I'll share my own perspective:

My preference for no PG is really aligned to your first point.  Without a PG, I can acquire more credit that does not pull or report on my personal CB so if balances are carried over or if there's higher than preferred utilization on an account, it does not have any relevance on my personal credit.  

Pulling and reporting are 2 completely different items. When you apply for business credit that is personally guaranteed, there is a hard pull on your personal credit.  But it is rare for business account balances to report to your personal credit (the only ones I know of that do report to personal credit are Capital One, TD Bank, and Discover).

A personal HP is not necessarily always the case. There are many options to acquire a pretty good amount of Biz Credit without a personal HP. Many I've gone after have been SP in the last 2 years..my exception was FNBO...no SP offered....but other SP accounts do exist

OK I corrected it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.