Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Early for AMEX Business Card?

tag
kah-pas
New Contributor

Too Early for AMEX Business Card?

My scores are around 745 +/- several points. No negatives. With them I already have:
-- AMEX Platinum 1 year 1 month old ($30K pay-over-time enabled, not used)
-- $18K personal loan from November, so only 3 payments have been made thus far.

Next week I'll open an LLC and would need / like to have a business credit card. What are my chances? And which card you'd recommend to target?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too Early for AMEX Business Card?

I’d say go for it. You seem to be in AMEX’s good graces.

As for a specific card, it really depends on your business’ needs and spend. That said, I’m currently putting the majority of my spend through the Simply Cash card. The BBP should also be looked at as well and could be, arguably, the most versitile card for non-category spend.
Message 2 of 11
CH2022
New Contributor

Agree with the above response and good point on  BB vs Simply Cash .

Some data points if it helps -

BB is also our first business card , which approved last week for 2K Smiley Sad SL since we dont have any prior relation with amex.Pulled Ex-750

I am seeing posts, where usual SL at 9K and no HP for most.  If it is HP, probably good to add Business charge card on the same day (unless chase ink  in ur plan.Not sure whether chase considers business  accounts in 5/24).

Message 3 of 11
kah-pas
New Contributor

Re: being in AMEX's "good graces" I just took a look at my 2018 summary - $41,285.75 spent and paid? Does the amount of the monies spent play an important role for them when they are making a decision or is it irrelevant?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think spend matters too much, I put 75k spend between September 2018 and December 2018 on my Amex Gold Business card and applied for the BBP in January 19 and only got a 2k limit
Message 5 of 11
kah-pas
New Contributor

Re: Too Early for AMEX Business Card? (UPDATE)

So, I just now applied and was approved for the Blue BusinessSM Plus Credit Card. But the credit line was funny -- $2K -- "funny" if you think that my personal Platinum has that $30K pay-over-time (untapped) credit line option. There's nothing, business wise, I can do with $2K.

Does it make any sense to call them and ask for CLI once the card arrives?

Message 6 of 11
CH2022
New Contributor

2k SL Doesnt make any sense Smiley Happy  I got no luck, when i tried to increase my 2k. Keep us posted if it works.

Now i am close to second statement cut , planning on CLI. 

Message 7 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kah-pas wrote:

So, I just now applied and was approved for the Blue BusinessSM Plus Credit Card. But the credit line was funny -- $2K -- "funny" if you think that my personal Platinum has that $30K pay-over-time (untapped) credit line option. There's nothing, business wise, I can do with $2K.

Does it make any sense to call them and ask for CLI once the card arrives?

I think you'll be spinning your wheels, but I guess it can't hurt.

I would wait 61 days then apply for 4k CLI to 6k.

Of course you can do stuff with a 2k limit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 11
kah-pas
New Contributor

I will call them, just in case and will post an  update here.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, at least there's not a $5K spend required to qualify for the SUB.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.