Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering Biz balance to personal or vice versa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transfering Biz balance to personal or vice versa

I'm a sole prop and am looking into getting my first biz card.

Is this possible? Can you transfer a biz card balance to a personal card? Or personal card balance to a biz card?

I read here where someone said Amex doesn't let you balance transfer biz accounts from one card to another. Does anyone know if any other company allows biz balance transfers among cards in the same company?

Looking to utilize some special intro APR offers and trying to see how best to do it with some balances and future spending.

Thanks for any input you  have!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transfering Biz balance to personal or vice versa

Most CCC don't allow BT's between their own products. As in the case of Amex, you cannot BT from the Magnet to Everyday etc. But you can BT a Citi balance to your Amex card, and vise versa. It's possibel to BT between personal and BIZ cards, but I would be careful about it as some Banks aren't as lenient about thet terms.

I defenitely wouldn't want to transfer BIZ to Persoanl, as then it would report lowering utilization. As well as make you personally responsible for Business debt. 

That said I BT'd a personal balance to my BBP card for the 0% offer.

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Transfering Biz balance to personal or vice versa

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a sole prop and am looking into getting my first biz card.

Is this possible? Can you transfer a biz card balance to a personal card? Or personal card balance to a biz card?

I read here where someone said Amex doesn't let you balance transfer biz accounts from one card to another. Does anyone know if any other company allows biz balance transfers among cards in the same company?

Looking to utilize some special intro APR offers and trying to see how best to do it with some balances and future spending.

Thanks for any input you  have!

1. You shouldn't transfer balances between business cards and personal cards.

2. No bank lets you do balance transfers among the bank's own cards.

3. If you get a business card you should use it only for business purposes and not mingle it with personal funds.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.