Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two business card approvals: CitiBiz AA Platinum + Amex BBP

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: Two business card approvals: CitiBiz AA Platinum + Amex BBP

Congratulations ABCD on the approvals! I am eyeing that Citi biz real hard. What is your exposure with Citi ? Do you have other cards with them? Which bureau(s) did they pull?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only recently got back in with Citi after a massive CO many years ago.  No prequalifies from them, ever, so I cold app'd for Citi TY Preferred and got $7000 instant approval.  I know they pulled EQ but they may have also pulled TU, can't recall.  Very surprised at that as it was my highest bankcard limit and my credit history is very short.

So far, no inquiries from Citi on the biz card yet.

Message 12 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm really no longer in the garden since I decided to fire Chase this year and not aim for C$R.  But I also don't really have any more need for personal credit but started a new business plan in January and decided to start working on feeling it out now.  

Apped as sole proprietor to get some SUB deals I found online:

• Amex BBP -- instant approval for $5000, which is sad but I do have my next 3X CLI coming July 2 so I'll go for $15,000 here instead of a useless $18,000 on BCP which gets only $500/month of love.
  • CitiBiz AA Platinum -- instant approval for $14,000 which was a bit of a surprise.

I actually have about $20,000 of gear to buy for this new business plan (I'm retired now, have the cash in the bank) so want to use that to maximize my sign-up bonuses on business cards that I will use for sure as this plan comes together.  The merchant I'm buying my hardware from will let me split payments across as many cards as I want, which is a fantastic way to use business credit to get some things going and pay off quickly.

Not sure what else to go for -- no inquiries came up yet which is very surprisingly but I'm sure they'll pop up in the next 24-48 hours.  

One question:  I created a new Amex account for the biz card without realizing I might have been able to use my personal login.  Was this a mistake that I need to address, and if so, how?

Kinda wishing I had another biz card to app for but don't have any relationships with other banks yet, so not sure where else to look really.  No accounts with BoA so not going that way, US Bank gave me all of $500 on Cash+ back in October so not sure I want to deal with their business folks.

TU is at 765 now, EX at 712, EQ is 722.  Utilization is $3 on one account, expecting to be pushing close to 800 around January or February or so -- AAoA dropped down below 2 years which is holding me back til it ages back up.

Can't believe last year I had 520 scores, lol.  Now up to $40,000 personal CL, and $19,000 business CL.

I got the BOA Business Cash Rewards card, which is a good card IMHO, before I had a BOA checking account. Set up a checking account later as a place to deposit my cash rewards. No service charge on checking if you use your linked BOA cash MC for $250 month or more.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica

I got the BOA Business Cash Rewards card, which is a good card IMHO, before I had a BOA checking account. Set up a checking account later as a place to deposit my cash rewards. No service charge on checking if you use your linked BOA cash MC for $250 month or more.

Interesting, so you have no exposure to BOA at all?  No personal CC or anything?

BoA is the last and final bank I'd have to get back in with -- and I don't think I ever CO'd them, either.

Message 14 of 18
redpat
Senior Contributor

OP, biz AA just went to 70k.  SM them once you get the card and have them match the 75k or at least have them match the 70k.

At 70k I might have to take a look now.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang I swear that happens every time, lol.  I'll do that, thanks!

Message 16 of 18
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks ABCD for the reply. I might have to jump on this offer now with the 70k bonus going. 😉

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my CitBus AA @ 60K last year. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.