Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard Approval

So I'll admit I've lurked in this forums for years. It has always helped me out a lot. So I finally joined to help someone else. I went in to my local U.S. Bank branch to apply for the Business Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard. They are offering $200 cash back for a $1,000 minimum spend online. Pretty easy to accomplish. I went in to a branch here in Los Angeles and saw a flyer for $250 cash back for $1,500 minimum spend. I like how that one looks better. So I went to the branch I frequent in Beverly Hills and filled out an application.

A little backstory. I'm a U.S. Bank account holder for both business and personal. I keep high balances in both. I have a great relationship with the bankers. I was sitting at a 771 EX 08 FICO at the time of applying. No baddies, no collections and no lates. 3 credit accounts: AMEX 3k, Cap One Business 2k and Merrick Bank 1.5K. All open for three years. Zero inquiries in the last two years.

When she hit submit it went to pending. Banker stated U.S. Bank likes to manual review. It could take 7-10 business days. However, my 20/20 vision noticed that on the screen it actually stated that they had not pulled a credit report yet. I left the building and called underwriting. I sat on hold for approximately 20 minutes and the underwriter stated I had been instantly approved for $26,000. 

I personally believe I got a high limit because U.S. Bank could see my high bank account balance and business account balance. 

I'm happy to confirm U.S. Bank pulls Experian 08 FICO in California. 

Anyone else have any other U.S. Bank Business credit card experience?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard Approval

No. I’m going to apply for it next year. Let my new accounts age a little more.

Congrats on your approval and awesome SL!!! 🥂
Message 2 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval OP. I'm ready to apply for Ink--but may hold off and try for this one instead b/c I'd like to have a masterard in my business lineup. Does anyone reading this know if it reports to personal credit reports or not?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 7
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@jakey11 - Congrats on the big USB Win! I have my eye on this one and think it'll be my next target. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get a $26k limit right out of the gate since I just pushed the mark with them. Got a Cash+ @$20k and just got approved for Altitude 2 weeks ago for another $25k -- may be at my max amount with them for a bit so going to wait 6 months-ish and see if I can snag this one up. 

@Credit-Hoarder - from the DP's I've come across USB does not report to personal reports (I was also told this by two of their bankers so I think it's accurate, but since I dont have a biz card with them I can't 100% say for sure). I've been collecting that data and posted it here Which-Bank-Biz-Cards-Report-To-Biz-Credit-Reports

I was capturing business reporting but also accounted for which ones reported to personal reports

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @LittleSal

@Credit-hoarder I considered the Ink as well due to the 5% on cellular and phone but I'm not really a big fan of Chase. 

@credit_is_crack The U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve is on my wishlist. You have an excellent profile. You never know they might give you a great SL. Just curious, was the Cash+ your only previous U.S. Bank Relationship? When I was applying for the card it asked the banker if I frequent the branch on the screen and other questions making it seem like they value relationships. 

My banker also informed me it does not report to personal reports. Feels like my Cap One Spark Cash Select is one of the few that does report to business and personal reports. 

Message 5 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats OP, I obtained this card in Jan of this year. It doesn't report to personal.
Once met, US bank pays out the SUBs very fast!
Message 6 of 7
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @LittleSal

@Credit-hoarder I considered the Ink as well due to the 5% on cellular and phone but I'm not really a big fan of Chase. 

@credit_is_crack The U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve is on my wishlist. You have an excellent profile. You never know they might give you a great SL. Just curious, was the Cash+ your only previous U.S. Bank Relationship? When I was applying for the card it asked the banker if I frequent the branch on the screen and other questions making it seem like they value relationships. 

My banker also informed me it does not report to personal reports. Feels like my Cap One Spark Cash Select is one of the few that does report to business and personal reports. 

@jakey11, the Cash+ card was the only card I had with them before I got the Altitude. I didn't have any checking/savings products on the personal or business side with them. When I picked up the Cash+ it was soley based on the prequals they gave from their website, then I just submitted it. I do hear they value relationships but IME it hasn't seemed to pose an issue or ever get mentioned.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.