cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** UPDATE ** Approved for Amex Business Gold & Platinum, Chase Ink & Floor and Decor $14,500

tag
TC1212
Regular Contributor

** UPDATE ** Approved for Amex Business Gold & Platinum, Chase Ink & Floor and Decor $14,500

UPDATE: after the first Amex and Floor and Decor approvals I decided to go for more. The next day I applied for the Amex Platinum and was approved, followed by the Chase Ink Business card today for 7k. No past or current relationship with Chase. Chase was an Experian HP. 646 score. About 6 90-120 day student loan payments in 2018/2019. 4 new accounts in last 18 months. Going to lay low for 1 year. This is a great start to my business credit cards.

Applied for Amex business yesterday. I think my spend said $14,500, but I went off the screen to fast. It has a 70,000 points for a 10k spend in 3 months.  

DPs: in business since 2020; 98k revenue; Experian 665; have a Delta Amex Reserve (2k limit) for 18 months; utilization across the board at 64% - which is one card at about 88% utilization.

Tried Floor and Decor a month ago, but was declined for an identification issue.  My LexisNexis was frozen.  As soon as i released the freeze I retried online 3 hours later and was approved.

Business credit journey just started in December:

Amazon Net 30 - 1k

Grainger - 1k

Quill -1k

Sam's store card - 2500

ExxonMobil - 1k

Got denied for personal Amex Gold about 2 weeks ago.

16 REPLIES 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Business Gold and Floor and Decor $14,500

Congratulations @TC1212 Impressive approvals.

Message 2 of 17
TC1212
Regular Contributor

@Red1Blue @Thank you.

@Red1Blue wrote:

Congratulations @TC1212 Impressive approvals.

Message 3 of 17
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on  oth your Approvals!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 4 of 17
TC1212
Regular Contributor

@cashorcharge @Thank you.

Message 5 of 17
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 6 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the double approvals !  Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 17
TC1212
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude @Thank you.

Message 8 of 17
TC1212
Regular Contributor

@manbuckets @Thank you.

Message 9 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: ** UPDATE ** Approved for Amex Business Gold & Platinum, Chase Ink & Floor and Decor $14

@TC1212 wrote:

UPDATE: after the first Amex and Floor and Decor approvals I decided to go for more. The next day I applied for the Amex Platinum and was approved, followed by the Chase Ink Business card today for 7k. No past or current relationship with Chase. Chase was an Experian HP. 646 score. About 6 90-120 day student loan payments in 2018/2019. 4 new accounts in last 18 months. Going to lay low for 1 year. This is a great start to my business credit cards.

Applied for Amex business yesterday. I think my spend said $14,500, but I went off the screen to fast. It has a 70,000 points for a 10k spend in 3 months.  

DPs: in business since 2020; 98k revenue; Experian 665; have a Delta Amex Reserve (2k limit) for 18 months; utilization across the board at 64% - which is one card at about 88% utilization.

Tried Floor and Decor a month ago, but was declined for an identification issue.  My LexisNexis was frozen.  As soon as i released the freeze I retried online 3 hours later and was approved.

Business credit journey just started in December:

Amazon Net 30 - 1k

Grainger - 1k

Quill -1k

Sam's store card - 2500

ExxonMobil - 1k

Got denied for personal Amex Gold about 2 weeks ago.

Yowza! What sort of total minimum spend are you looking at? Are you going to go for it all?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.