Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Business Card Approvals

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

US Bank Business Card Approvals

After reading some of the posts here in the Business section, I have some idea about the scores and approvals for the US Bank Business Card. Looks like most of the people who got approved for US Bank Business cards received $3000 in Credit Limit. Am I close on this conculsion or did some people get higher limits right at the approval. I am looking for approvals for last 6 months since March 2020 after Pandemic till now.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals

@Red1Blue wrote:

After reading some of the posts here in the Business section, I have some idea about the scores and approvals for the US Bank Business Card. Looks like most of the people who got approved for US Bank Business cards received $3000 in Credit Limit. Am I close on this conculsion or did some people get higher limits right at the approval. I am looking for approvals for last 6 months since March 2020 after Pandemic till now.

@Anonymous was approved for $10K in May 2020

@GApeachy husband was approved for $5K in September 2020

@FICOEmpire was approved for $5K right at the beginning of stay-at-home orders

@imaximous was approved for $3K in April 2020

@BearsCubsOtters (me) was approved for $3K in September 2020

Someone else, I want to say Janus, was approved before (?) the pandemic with $1,600. 

@mchang124 was approved in February 2020 with a SL of $3,000 and in September 2020, he received a SP CLI to $6,000. 

US Bank is clearly not as generous as Chase and Amex but its good that they are still lending. 

Message 2 of 36
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

Nice job!  @BearsCubsOtters   I like the list you provided, thank you!

Sure US Bank is not as generous as Amex in the SL department but I think they are doing well offering us a product at a lower apr.  That right there can be a game changer.  I have and dh has plenty of cl with Amex.  I'm at $41k biz and he is at $27k biz...not including personal.  That's all great but when the apr is high, it's not so great afterall.  I wouldn't mind floating and having some flexibility but not at those %'s.  So having a low/lower apr fills the bill.

@mchang124 receiving a $3k cli after 6 months on "light spend" as per mchang DOES make US Bank a little more generous if looking at the overall picture down the road perhaps.   

Also, a little fyi, US Bank will be backing State Farm credit products in 2021.  I have been a life long customer with State Farm, dh and myself together for over 35 yrs.  This could be good in terms of future personal and biz products.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 36
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

Someone else, I want to say Janus, was approved before (?) the pandemic with $1,600. 

@mchang124 was approved in February 2020 with a SL of $3,000 and in September 2020, he received a SP CLI to $6,000. 

US Bank is clearly not as generous as Chase and Amex but its good that they are still lending. 

I  was also  approved  for  $3k  SCL about  a month ago..

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 36
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I am kind of curious does US Bank when they are approving Business Credit Cards do they look at the Business Credit from D&B or Exp Biz or any other Biz Reports or do they just look at the Personal Credit Report and Approve their Business Credit Cards ? Any ideas?

Message 5 of 36
mchang124
Regular Contributor

ths is a chart i had gotten from one of the facebook groups i'm apart of. I hope this helps. most small business cards still require a PG

IMG_3840.JPG

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 6 of 36
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

Yes. My auto approval was for $3k. However, I called UW and requested a higher SL. They asked how much and let me know that anything over $50k would require docs. So, I said $30k because that seemed plenty. 
After review, I got approved for the $30k. 

My understanding is that USB auto-approvals aren't that generous for the most part. But, once an underwriter manually reviews your file, you could qualify for a much higher limit. You just gotta be willing to take an additional pull or provide docs if needed. 

This card went from $3k to $30k with a phone call right after auto- approval. 
My Altitude Reserve started at $5k and now sits at $40k. I'll be requesting a CLI soon because I do use this card heavily and need to cycle my limit often. 

USB has been great and never have issues with charges or declines for large purchases. 

$20-30k purchases go through just like $5.

Message 7 of 36
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

My understanding is that USB auto-approvals aren't that generous for the most part. But, once an underwriter manually reviews your file, you could qualify for a much higher limit. You just gotta be willing to take an additional pull or provide docs if needed. 

This card went from $3k to $30k with a phone call right after auto- approval. My Altitude Reserve started at $5k and now sits at $40k. I'll be requesting a CLI soon because I do use this card heavily and need to cycle my limit often. USB has been great and never have issues with charges or declines for large purchases. 

Hi @imaximous, may I ask your scores when you got approved for higher limits. Did you have previous relationship with US Bank before these approvals?

Message 8 of 36
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

This card went from $3k to $30k with a phone call right after auto- approval. My Altitude Reserve started at $5k and now sits at $40k. I'll be requesting a CLI soon because I do use this card heavily and need to cycle my limit often. USB has been great and never have issues with charges or declines for large purchases. 

Hi @imaximous, may I ask your scores when you got approved for higher limits. Did you have previous relationship with US Bank before these approvals?

Between 750 - 760

Many new accounts. Probably 11 - 13 in 24 mos.

My relationship with USB started with Cash+ in early 2018, which I only got because I wanted to be eligible for the AR. I applied for AR about 2-3 weeks after getting approved for Cash+. Back then, it probably wasn't as difficult to get approvals as it may be now, but SLs were lowish at $5k each. Pretty sure the high spending helped with CLIs.

No deposit accounts. Only 3 CCs.

Message 9 of 36
audioman00
Regular Contributor

@imaximous how long after you were approved did you request a manual review? I was approved for $5k but was told I had to wait until I receive the card to recon.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.