cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Business Card Approvals

imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals

@audioman00 

Right away. As soon as I got the approval confirmation, I called UW to ask for a higher limit. 
Did you call UW or just customer service?

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 11 of 36
audioman00
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals

@imaximous UW. Will try again. Hope it's not too late.

Message 12 of 36
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals


@audioman00 wrote:

@imaximous UW. Will try again. Hope it's not too late.


Late? You can request a CLI anytime. They'll pull your report again anyway. They used to recon CLIs using the original report a while back, but I don't think they're doing that anymore. 

I remember pointing out to the underwriter that they had JUST pulled my report before my call, and that it seemed excessive to pull it again for review. She seemed to sympathize but told me those were the rules. 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 13 of 36
audioman00
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals

@imaximous here was my interaction with the UW last week:

 

Me: I recently was approved for this card and want to request a CLI

UW: Just so you know, in some cases it will be a second HP

Me: What determines whether it is a second HP?

UW: Time since original approval

Me: Okay, I'd like to request a CLI manual review, knowing full well it might be another HP

UW: You need to wait until you receive the card. 

Me: Can you tell me whether my original approval was manually reviewed or automatically approved?

UW: I can't disclose that

 

Hence my confusion.

Message 14 of 36
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals


@audioman00 wrote:

@imaximous here was my interaction with the UW last week:

 

Me: I recently was approved for this card and want to request a CLI

UW: Just so you know, in some cases it will be a second HP

Me: What determines whether it is a second HP?

UW: Time since original approval

Me: Okay, I'd like to request a CLI manual review, knowing full well it might be another HP

UW: You need to wait until you receive the card. 

Me: Can you tell me whether my original approval was manually reviewed or automatically approved?

UW: I can't disclose that

 

Hence my confusion.


I'm confused too, lol.

 

None of that matches my experience.

- I was told it'd be a second pull for sure. 

- I wasn't told I had to wait for card to arrive.

- I was told that my application was system approved and that it'd be manually reviewed for the increase request.

- I was told what the max CLI request was before requiring docs. ($50k)

- And I was also told (again) that anytime you're requesting a CLI, you need to mention that you're willing to take a counter offer. Otherwise, it's all or nothing. Basically, if you don't qualify for the amount requested, they just deny the app.

 

Either rules changed since earlier this year or UWs do or say whatever they want and there's not set rules.

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 15 of 36
audioman00
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals

@imaximous thanks for the datapoints. 

 

So I went for it just now. But probably misplayed my hand. Ended up with a grumpy UW and probably should have hung up and called back. 

 

He was able to confirm that my original app was automatically approved, which was good info. So I requested a CLI and he said he would submit and I would get a letter in the mail in 2-3 business days. That sounds ominous.......

 

Reports were just pulled. 

Message 16 of 36
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals

 


@audioman00 wrote:

@imaximous thanks for the datapoints. 

 

So I went for it just now. But probably misplayed my hand. Ended up with a grumpy UW and probably should have hung up and called back. 

 

He was able to confirm that my original app was automatically approved, which was good info. So I requested a CLI and he said he would submit and I would get a letter in the mail in 2-3 business days. That sounds ominous.......

 

Reports were just pulled. 


Good luck! I wouldn't worry about the UW. He's not going to review your app. 2-3 days is their usual turnaround, and a $5k SL is pretty good. 

I don't know your entire financial picture, but I like your chances. Post a follow up Smiley Happy 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 17 of 36
audioman00
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals

Heard back today. Approved for $15k CLI - $20k total CL, which is what I requested. Just created a new post with DPs.

 

Thanks for your help @imaximous !

Message 18 of 36
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Card Approvals


@audioman00 wrote:

Heard back today. Approved for $15k CLI - $20k total CL, which is what I requested. Just created a new post with DPs.

 

Thanks for your help @imaximous !


Congrats on your Approval.

Message 19 of 36
mikeef
Valued Member

Updated US Bank Info - Credit Pull Bureaus, Time in Business and Existing Relationships

I've added some helpful info on US Bank Business Cards. 

 

Q) What credit bureau do they pull for business cards?

A) Their software randomly selects one of the 3 CRAs.

They never know which one will be pulled and thus, this explains why there are so many different accounts by forum members here. So it actually has nothing to do with the state you reside in as many believed. They likely do this to prevent bureau shopping by people that know they have collections, late accounts and/or bad scores at specific bureaus.

 

Q) Does it matter how long you've been in business is?

A) It does not matter if you have a brand new business. 

  • On new businesses, they rely 100% on personal credit for their decision
  • They said in many cases it can actually be advantageous to be a new buisness with no credit history because there is nothing else they use to factor in their decision, such as how much debt your business is already carrying.

 

Q) Does having an existing banking relationship matter when making a credit decision on business cards

A) Yes, especially in relation to...

  • The size of your credit line
  • And decision for those with lower credit scores.

 

FYI - I got this info yeserday after spending 48 minutes talking to various departments at US Bank getting this info (Also much of it was hold time)

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.