Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Pre-Approvals (for business?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Pre-Approvals (for business?)

I got pre-approvals with set/solid APR's.  Showed approved for any of the Personal cards if I changed interests.  

Has anyone verified if the business cards are lumped in w the pre-approvals?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank Pre-Approvals (for business?)

IME Business cards are typically NOT included in pre-approval sites.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they dont show up and theres no way to select them.  Figure if Im set on all the personal card pre-approvals- same should go for business cards or not lol :-p

I may try it out and see

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go into a branch and sit with a business banker, and slightly hint that you might be interested in opening up a business credit card, they can tell you whether or not it would be worth a shot.  On USBank internal computers, there is a screen that shows what certain customers would get for SL if they were to apply.  I did this after discussing it with a friend of mine who works in a bank and went flawlessly.  

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you go into a branch and sit with a business banker, and slightly hint that you might be interested in opening up a business credit card, they can tell you whether or not it would be worth a shot.  On USBank internal computers, there is a screen that shows what certain customers would get for SL if they were to apply.  I did this after discussing it with a friend of mine who works in a bank and went flawlessly.  

Thats interesting lol.  Maybe just go in and blatantly state "does the biz cred show pre-approvals or nah?" lol  Did you have accounts w them b4 app'ing?

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

USBank has been my primary bank for about four years now, so I did have a previous relationship with them.  I somehow managed to finangle my way into a business credit card with them with no Paydex, no other tradelines -- not sure how I managed that one now that I have been reading the forums.  

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

USBank has been my primary bank for about four years now, so I did have a previous relationship with them.  I somehow managed to finangle my way into a business credit card with them with no Paydex, no other tradelines -- not sure how I managed that one now that I have been reading the forums.  

hah nice man.  I'll open a checking first for a few months before I app.  I dont want a free denial from lack of relationship :-p 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pro tip: skip the checking account and go straight to a secured card if you think you can swing it. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldnt want a new account, for a secured card. Smiley Sad 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I forgot which board I was on.  You're right.

Edit: Not to hijack this thread, but what's your opinion of NFCU business accounts?  They're next on my radar I think.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.