cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank shut me down 4 years ago, will Elan approve me???

tag
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

US Bank shut me down 4 years ago, will Elan approve me???

4 years ago (before I knew any better) I had 4 US Bank credit cards, 2 personal/2 business. I believe the oldest of those accounts had only 1-2 years plus of history. I applied for a 5th card. They requested Tax Docs which I did not want to send so US bank shut down all of my accounts. I moved on from them & haven't looked back.

Question is, can I still be approved for Elan issued cards???...

& if anyone knows if US bank will ever approve me again without submitting docs that could be helpful down the road?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank shut me down 4 years ago, will Elan approve me???

Any applications you submit will no doubt have references to ELAN by the UW folks. It's uncertain how deep they will probe given UW teams by ELAN/US Bank work side-by-side. So, if you were unwilling to provide the information they requested back then, it's hard to say what they would do today given the 4-year timeframe. You can try and see, but I would be hard pressed given you mentioned you moved on and haven't looked back...so why the interest now?

Message 2 of 11
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Any applications you submit will no doubt have references to ELAN by the UW folks. It's uncertain how deep they will probe given UW teams by ELAN/US Bank work side-by-side. So, if you were unwilling to provide the information they requested back then, it's hard to say what they would do today given the 4-year timeframe. You can try and see, but I would be hard pressed given you mentioned you moved on and haven't looked back...so why the interest now?

The main reason for the interest in Elan (not so much interested in getting back in w/ USB) is I think I've tapped most of the other larger Business card issuers who offer SUBS, 0%intro, & decent rewards... Also there seems to be local banks/CUs that offer Elan cards. I have only had USB cards, never an Elan card. So you think USB has flagged me to alert Elan when I apply??

Also should be mentioned I will purchase a new car later this year so trying to avoid the appearence of being a credit seeker while being a credit seeker lol. I plan to put down close to half the price of the car so I'm not going to be desperate for an auto loan approval but still want the best rate possible of course. 

I'm most definitely open to other options...

Business cards I have: Amex BBP, FNBO Business Evergreen, Citizens Everyday (2x), BOA Business Travel...

•  I have other Amex business cards that don't belong in this group of cards (charge cards, businessprime)

I plan on going after the BOA Business Cash card in a couple months I think lol & possibly some other Business cards. Some other cards I'm thinking of below:

Citizens Business Platinum (SP is nice), GM Business card (now 12 months 0%), PNC business offerings (SP BLOC would be nice), M&T bank (i know very little about them?)

Any other ideas?... Maybe I'll even look at some personal cards to add after purchasing the car as long as the SUB is nice & offers 12 months or more 0% apr intro.

Many new accounts in last 2 years (only 1 new account will be opened within 6 months by the time my report peaks & I'll be ready to apply) but Overall Utilization will be down to 6% with over $350,000 total credit available on my personal report less than 30 days from now. EX score is currently 698 but I am sure there will be a large if not huge boost in my score over next 30 days as I had 19% utilization reporting this past month & next month no single account will report over 48.9% after my new balances report. 

Any suggestions are much appreciated

Message 3 of 11
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

@FinStar another question I forgot to ask...

Do you know if it's possible to be approved for a second FNBO business Evergreen card?

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@trvlscmmr wrote:

Do you know if it's possible to be approved for a second FNBO business Evergreen card?

For the same business or a separate business entity?

On the personal side, I know one can be approved for a second one, but it's not as common. As far as the business side of things, last I recall FNBO had a wait-list on both the Evergreen Visa and the Getaway MC.

Message 5 of 11
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@trvlscmmr wrote:

On the personal side, I know one can be approved for a second one, but it's not as common. As far as the business side of things, last I recall FNBO had a wait-list on both the Evergreen Visa and the Getaway MC.

Yes FNBO waitlisted & geofenced the card once again but when logged-in if you're interested in new Business credit cards there is a phone number they give for current clients.

Message 6 of 11
Janneman
Established Contributor

@trvlscmmr wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@trvlscmmr wrote:

Yes FNBO waitlisted & geofenced the card once again but when logged-in if you're interested in new Business credit cards there is a phone number they give for current clients.

What's that phone number plz?

Message 7 of 11
Janneman
Established Contributor

@trvlscmmr wrote:

4 years ago (before I knew any better) I had 4 US Bank credit cards, 2 personal/2 business. I believe the oldest of those accounts had only 1-2 years plus of history. I applied for a 5th card. They requested Tax Docs which I did not want to send so US bank shut down all of my accounts. I moved on from them & haven't looked back.

& if anyone knows if US bank will ever approve me again without submitting docs that could be helpful down the road?

did you argue/complain to them about requesting tax docs? otherwise they dont shut down all accounts, instead close out and deny the pending application to which they asked those docs for... i also hv one personal cc and one business cc account...business account opened just a week ago...then I just applied for another business cc account...they have now asked tons of docs mostly about business tax returns within 15 days otherwise they will deny my application..i hv no intention to give out those docs but hope they wont close out my other cc accounts with them...

Message 8 of 11
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

@trvlscmmr wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@trvlscmmr wrote:

What's that phone number plz?

800 642-0014

Message 9 of 11
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

@trvlscmmr wrote:

did you argue/complain to them about requesting tax docs? otherwise they dont shut down all accounts, instead close out and deny the pending application to which they asked those docs for... i also hv one personal cc and one business cc account...business account opened just a week ago...then I just applied for another business cc account...they have now asked tons of docs mostly about business tax returns within 15 days otherwise they will deny my application..i hv no intention to give out those docs but hope they wont close out my other cc accounts with them...

I made it clear I wasn't going to submit all the Docs they asked for. I think in my case I applied for 3 accounts in a very short period of time. US Bank isn't necessarily known to fully shut people down but in my case they did. 

I cannot recall but maybe some of my reported balances had increased by the time I submitted the last application. Perhaps something else in my profile factored into their decision to cut me loose.

I was pretty heated; most definitely turned me off to US Bank. I was hoping Elan UW doesn't work so closely with USB UW but apparently they share past client info. I think you're in the clear as far as severe adverse action.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.