Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Platinum Visa small approval

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

USBank Platinum Visa small approval

Losing my main business Mastercard and Visa due to Bank of America's adverse action closing them, and wanting to have a non-Amex business card in my roster, I applied for the Business Platinum Visa from US Bank which has never approved me for anything, and to my surprise was approved for the Platinum with a 5k limit.

Needless to say I'm pleased.

When my utilization -- and with it my FICO scores -- improve, I'll be interested in a CLI, so any tips anyone can give me on CLI's from US Bank would be appreciated. I have zero experience with this outfit.

1/20/20 Update. Thanks @Anonymous and @mikesonthemend It is gratifying that you noticed how folks were 'raking me over the coals' in repayment for revealing some negative action by my lenders. It really makes one reluctant to bring to the forum anything other than positive news. In the future I will probably think twice about sharing something negative which I think might be useful knowledge. It seems like some people are in a big hurry to (a) defend the big banks and (b) establish distance between themselves and someone who gets dinged by one of them. I will soon be out of my current negative phase, which was brought about solely by utilization, and I hope when I do I will remember never to be unkind to others.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: USBank Platinum Visa small approval

Congrats 🎊🎉🎈🍾 @SouthJamaica on that approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 13
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 13
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats. I know Remedios has a thread or two with US Bank and CLIs but that is over on the personal credit side.

Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the rebound,... errr new biz approval 😄 👍 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.

Given your profile, usage and PIF, I suspect you'll have no issues with getting CLIs. Not that they dislike balances, i've had a couple small balances a few times with them. That said, I believe CLIs are still a HP unless it's an auto increase, which typically happens annually. 

Good Luck with your new Credit partner!

Message 7 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!

I have two business cards from them, and they are more lax I think on the business side than personal. I got the first biz card The Edge rewards 7/2018, SL $6K, and then a little over a year later got a flyer in the mail for set APR for the cash WEMC.

Went online, and applied with code, and showed up a few days later online.....$12K!

They have been good too me, and I also have my business checking with them, and all biz deposits go into it. Just recently they sent me another pre-approved set apr for the WEMC...tempted to try for a 3rd, lol

Message 8 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approval SJ !

Message 9 of 13
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Congrats, again, SJ. Hate that you got raked over the coals for sharing the other day. I appreciate you sharing.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.