Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update-Approved Ink Plus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update-Approved Ink Plus

I'd always thought cash meant cash, but in reading, it's like freedom in that you earn UR like Freedom, but not transferable to partners (also like freedom) and you don't get extra% on UR travel redemptions.

Cash bonus says $200 so I'm guessing 20k UR (articles I've found are out of date) for $3k spend. Plus bonus is 60k UR for $5k spend. $95 annual fee (I thought I'd seen it was waived first year, but now I'm not seeing that.)

I know the hotel/restaurant difference and the cap differences, neither is a concern.

So, not having a CSP and not being eligible in the foreseeable future, I'd love Plus. But not sure I can swing $5k too easily right now AND I'm not sure about personal vs business transferring (I have a Freedom, but I THINK I couldn't transfer my personal UR from Freedom to this...is that right?)

How does what I've said sound? Am I understanding? Missing things?

I have no business credit experience. Starting an Etsy business. I have 4 chase cards $37+k, highest limit $20k.

(Typing in iPhone in between other tasks. Sorry it's not my most coherent post.)

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Ink Cash vs Plus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd always thought cash meant cash, but in reading, it's like freedom in that you earn UR like Freedom, but not transferable to partners (also like freedom) and you don't get extra% on UR travel redemptions. Only difference in Freedom and Cash is you can earn more points on Ink Cash @Anonymous you can use the same categories all year up to the 25k threshold .....Ink plus 50k.....combined 75k. Whereas Freedom is a quarterly deal maxed @ $75 per quarter $300 per year if you max all quarters 

Cash bonus says $200 so I'm guessing 20k UR Yes $200 = 20k UR points 
(articles I've found are out of date) for $3k spend. Plus bonus is 60k UR for $5k spend. $95 annual fee (I thought I'd seen it was waived first year, but now I'm not seeing that.) Targeted offers have AF waived on Ink Plus haven't seen it anywhere else tho...I'm sitting on one ...I've gotten 2 straight both 60k 

I know the hotel/restaurant difference and the cap differences, neither is a concern.

So, not having a CSP and not being eligible in the foreseeable future, I'd love Plus. But not sure I can swing $5k too easily right now AND I'm not sure about personal vs business transferring (I have a Freedom, but I THINK I couldn't transfer my personal UR from Freedom to this...is that right?) Any points can be transferred to CSP and Ink Plus .....freedom to CSP.....Freedom to Ink.....Freedom & Ink Cash to CSP/INK

How does what I've said sound? Am I understanding? Missing things?

I have no business credit experience.Explain pls 

Chase biz while I have seen some new businesses get approved more than not they don't make the cut ...Due to Chase reviewing all biz apps manually. but hey you could be one of the approved new biz so don't let that stop or hinder your train of thought by any means 

Starting an Etsy business. I have 4 chase cards $37+k, highest limit $20k.

(Typing in iPhone in between other tasks. Sorry it's not my most coherent post.)

How does what I've said sound? Crazy

Lol what I'm joking you know me Smiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yeah, I didn't mean earn the same as Freedom, just that you can earn UR with Cash or Freedom but without CSP or Plus you can't transfer.

I read about two people recently getting Ink with new (I thought) or at least small Amazon/EBay businesses. I might not do this right away if there are other things I should so first. I read some of the business stuff a while ago but don't remember the ins and outs...and some of it was outdated. Long thread, etc.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. Yeah, I didn't mean earn the same as Freedom, just that you can earn UR with Cash or Freedom but without CSP or Plus you can't transfer.

I read about two people recently getting Ink with new (I thought) or at least small Amazon/EBay businesses. I might not do this right away if there are other things I should so first. I read some of the business stuff a while ago but don't remember the ins and outs...and some of it was outdated. Long thread, etc.

You are correct. I have both [ Ink Cash & Plus].  With the Ink Cash, you can't transfer.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp. I applied for the Plus. uecker4life's quick approval was encouraging to me. I just hate the idea of waiting weeks. I hope I don't have to. 

I kept waffling as I could have used the 0% and was a bit iffy on the spend within this 90 day window, but I can make it work. And this will pair so nice with my new FU (PC from Slate) and old Freedom, particularly in the next 6 months of groceries and restaurants (or it might be restaurants and groceries. Now I just have to decide if we want to commit to switch full-blown to UR from MR or not. Giving DH the Freedom and FU and trying to get him to use the right blue card with the slightly different little green word for one category of places...not looking forward to that. We'll see. 

Message 5 of 22
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welp. I applied for the Plus. uecker4life's quick approval was encouraging to me. I just hate the idea of waiting weeks. I hope I don't have to. 

I kept waffling as I could have used the 0% and was a bit iffy on the spend within this 90 day window, but I can make it work. And this will pair so nice with my new FU (PC from Slate) and old Freedom, particularly in the next 6 months of groceries and restaurants (or it might be restaurants and groceries. Now I just have to decide if we want to commit to switch full-blown to UR from MR or not. Giving DH the Freedom and FU and trying to get him to use the right blue card with the slightly different little green word for one category of places...not looking forward to that. We'll see. 

Good luck!  Keep checking the app status line (and hopefully it doesn't go to 7-10 days!).  Without calling that, I wouldn't have known I was approved.  I still haven't received an email yet.

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 6 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You go girl 

Good luck I'll be pulling for you 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks U4L and MJ. 

U4L, I'd love continued updates from you since (hopefully) I'll be following behind you. I see you updated your CL on another thread. Did it say that on the status line? On your account online? (I thought someone said business would start out on a separate log in, but maybe not for a SP using PG). And I'll be anxious to hear when you get the card. 

I have a non-trivial, true business expense on Wednesday that I would have loved to have put on the card. If I had applied when I really started considering it a week sooner, maybe I would have had it by then. Oh Well. 

And if I don't get this, I won't be crushed. I'll at least know. 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved $26.5k per status line! Highest limit previously also with Chase $20k. They basically took my RC and Hyatt limits together! 

Says card will arrive within 10 business days. I may call to see about expediting if I ever get into and out of this long delayed meeting I'm waiting for.

Thanks all!

Message 9 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved $26.5k per status line! Highest limit previously also with Chase $20k. They basically took my RC and Hyatt limits together! 

Says card will arrive within 10 business days. I may call to see about expediting if I ever get into and out of this long delayed meeting I'm waiting for.

Thanks all!

Cha Cha Ching 

Welcome to the Ink family and a big congrats on the limit 

You're off and running in the business world and may you have much success with your business 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.