Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use tradelines every month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use tradelines every month?

To establish and build credit for a new business, is it necesary have activity on each reporting tradeline every month? I've read conflicting advice on whether it's OK to use some tradelines only once per quarter or so. Does anyone have direct, definitive info on the topic? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Use tradelines every month?

I have this question also. Also - I've read that for Quill to report, you have to spend at least $50? Of the accounts/tradelines I've opened, I know I'll use Amazon regularly and I've planned on using Quill for $50/month as well as two of the gas cards. Hopefully that will be enough.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

SportsMom77--If you don't mind my asking, which business gas cards do you have, and what did you put down as your monthly gas spend in the applications for them? I was thinking of applying for one, but I'm worried my stated monthly spend will be too low to justify their expenses in maintaining the account.

Data points from anyone else on this topic would be much appreciated too, of course.

Message 3 of 5
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To establish and build credit for a new business, is it necesary have activity on each reporting tradeline every month? I've read conflicting advice on whether it's OK to use some tradelines only once per quarter or so. Does anyone have direct, definitive info on the topic? Thanks!

That's a very good question, I've been wondering the same thing. I figured I'd use Quill, ULINE and Msc Direct once a month about $75- $100 each.
I'll continue this for about six months.

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

SportsMom77--If you don't mind my asking, which business gas cards do you have, and what did you put down as your monthly gas spend in the applications for them? I was thinking of applying for one, but I'm worried my stated monthly spend will be too low to justify their expenses in maintaining the account.

Data points from anyone else on this topic would be much appreciated too, of course.

Hi Halstend,

I have the following:

• Exxon Mobil - $1,500
  • Chevron/Texaco - $1,200
  • 76 Fleet Services - $2,000

If I recall, I put that I would use about $500/month (which is wayyy more than I'd use).  What I found out later is that you can set the permissions on the card to charge gas only or gas and other things like maintenance and/or convenience store charges.

Also, for what it's worth, I applied for all of these cards within a week or so of each other.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.