Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEX / Shell Fleet Small Business **Approval

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

WEX / Shell Fleet Small Business **Approval

Set up a small "DBA" under LLC. (using dba / for small bus. venture)

The New "DBA' has no credit history.

Applied and Approved for $2,500.00  - (NO PG)

Cards arrived in the mail today.

Shell/WEX small bus. cards have No Fee's!

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

https://www.wexinc.com/solutions/fleet-cards/select/shell-small-business-card/

Save up to 5¢ per gallon when using your Shell fuel card at your favorite Shell locations—and carry a monthly balance when cash flow is tight. Plus, rein in one of your biggest business expenses with instant accounting, reports, and powerful tools for saving.

• Rebates of up to 5¢ per gallon at nearly 13,000 Shell locations

• No setup, monthly, or annual fees

• Carry a monthly balance

• Save 15% at participating Jiffy Lube® locations

• Detailed, custom reports

• Spending controls

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WEX / Shell Fleet Small Business **Approval

Congrats on the approval! 

I was always leery about WEX, but it looks like you found a decent unicorn. I'm assuming this one is the non-network (V/MC) card only accepted at Shell locations?  Or, is it accepted at all fuel service stations like BP, Marathon, Loves, Pilot?

Message 2 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I was always leery about WEX, but it looks like you found a decent unicorn. I'm assuming this one is the non-network (V/MC) card only accepted at Shell locations?  Or, is it accepted at all fuel service stations like BP, Marathon, Loves, Pilot?

Thanks @FinStar !

It is a non-network (V/MC) and has driver PIN security.

I am not sure of it working outside of Shell/Jiffy Lube?.

A liitle confusing on the station locator. I will report back, once I test it at 76, Chevron and Cardlock Fuel (CFN).

Message 3 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thanks @FinStar !

A liitle confusing on the station locator. I will report back, once I test it at 76, Chevron and Cardlock Fuel (CFN).

You're welcome.

I had read about the no-AF version, so I was definitely curious, especially for non-Shell service stations. 

Let us know!

Message 4 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thanks @FinStar !

Congrats Smarty pants!

The difference seen below is it is NOT accepted at 95% US fueling station, so just like you stated Shell and Jiffy Lube.  (link for your convience)  

https://www.shell.us/business-customers/shell-fleet-solutions/shell-fleet-cards/compare-fleet-cards....

Compare Shell cards.png

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy, Thanks for clarification, as I was a bit confused on acceptance. (looks like I will edit the original post)

For now this will work fine, plenty of Shell stations in the bay area.

Message 6 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 You didn't state anything incorrect.  Between all of their cards (blanket stmt) it is 95%.   

Then you list your cards' benefits...showing the 13k+ 

Maybe that's why the store locator is iffy for you...more than one type card and only one store locator.  eg. Navigator

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This required a PG.  The application could not be submitted without one.  The PG is required before the page will even process the application.

Do you have a link for the application you completed?

Message 8 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This required a PG.  The application could not be submitted without one.  The PG is required before the page will even process the application.

Do you have a link for the application you completed?

hi @Anonymous ,

I used this link to apply;

https://www.wexinc.com/solutions/fleet-cards/select/shell-small-business-card/

Although it says something to the effect of "personal guaranty" My personal credit report was not pulled,

as I have/had all (3) credit bureau's "LOCKED" at time of application. So they had NO/ZERO access to my personal credit.

I just checked to be 100% certain.  All (3) reports, Locked and (0) inquiries.

I do not believe that "WEX" reports to personal credit, as far as what I have read (someone please correct me, if I am wrong?)

Just want to add YEMV

edited to correct bad URL link.

Message 9 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

edited to correct bad URL link.

Link still broken🤣

If you would have filled out the pg it states that it then would do a personal credit check. 

I guess if someone had stellar credit and the biz didn't then it might help...the verbiage was to that affect and might would give a higher sl if really, really needed to keep vehicles in motion. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.