Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Community business / commercial N30 account - PG required for sole prop

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Walmart Community business / commercial N30 account - PG required for sole prop

Applied a month ago and initially declined, but an email from Capital One recently received was for a request for a PG due to the structure of my business (sole proprietor).

Agreed for a PG since this would be another business tradeline for Sam's Club and Walmart purchases.

1 HP from EX - BlueTarp

Approved for CL as requested: $1500.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart Community business / commercial N30 account - PG required for sole prop

Congrats on the approval !! Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 10
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Community business / commercial N30 account - PG required for sole prop

Congrats on getting approved

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 3 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Walmart Community business Approval!

Message 4 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Walmart Business Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 5 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have applied for the card and asked for $10k Limit. They approved me for $2500 with out PG. For higher limit they want me to do PG. What they gave me $2500 is more than enough and I did not bother with PG. Also from what I see it is a net 30 account and no rewards. It is a good card to build business credit as it adds a tradeline. But there are many other credit cards that offer rewards. So I decided to stick with $2500 limit for now.

Message 6 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Congrats on another biz pickup! @4sallypat 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 10
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

@4sallypatHow often are you making business apps?  Once a quarter?  Once a month?  I own a VRBO & AirBnb business and could use the Walmart biz card you mention.  On another thread I think you suggested Floor and Decor net 30, which hadn't crossed my mind to app for.  Until you posted.  Best Buy would work for me, with smart TVs. Amazon has pool supplies I need every so often. Have personal, not biz.  So much to learn!!

--->>> How long between applications on the business side of things? 

I have Chase Ink, Capital One Spark, TD Bank Biz.  No net 30s...didn't know about them when I started learning about business cards.  I used my personal and reiumbursed. Have aged C corp and 3 year old LLC.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@URHomeInvestments wrote:

@4sallypatHow often are you making business apps?  Once a quarter?  Once a month?  I own a VRBO & AirBnb business and could use the Walmart biz card you mention.  On another thread I think you suggested Floor and Decor net 30, which hadn't crossed my mind to app for.  Until you posted.  Best Buy would work for me, with smart TVs. Amazon has pool supplies I need every so often. Have personal, not biz.  So much to learn!!

--->>> How long between applications on the business side of things? 

I have Chase Ink, Capital One Spark, TD Bank Biz.  No net 30s...didn't know about them when I started learning about business cards.  I used my personal and reiumbursed. Have aged C corp and 3 year old LLC.  Thanks!

Wish I could qualify for the Chase line of business products, but they don't like me some reason....

I started applying a few months ago when my accountant asked why I was not using business credit and tradelines to separate from personal purchases.

Business credit alleviates personal credit score decline due to utilization.

Sure enough, my accountant was correct - it makes the end of the fiscal year easier to manage, saving me lots of time, and having to sort thru invoices, receipts, and charges until April 15th.

I have had an online business (sole prop) for many years but only recently started to leverage business credit which is a whole new world!

I love this forum - here is what I have been able to do with business credit:

• Simple expenses like fuel and mileage was easy to solve with a commercial fleet gas accounts (ARCO & Fuelman).
  • Revolving business credit helps with business purchases & sales / income delays (FNBO, Amazon Amex, Hawaiian Air, Citizens)
  • Net 30 commercial accounts help with consolidated monthly expense management (Walmart, Floor & Decor, Lowes, Sams Club) 
Message 9 of 10
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

That's a terrific outcome! Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.