Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to apply for an Amex Plum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanting to apply for an Amex Plum

Hi dzaade.

I've split your post off to start a new thread. All I've changed is the title.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Does anyone have a suggestion to what their credit score should be before applying for PluM?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wanting to apply for an Amex Plum

Do you have any other Amex Cards, Business or Personal?

They pull EX and since we don't know our score usually until we apply with a bank that pulls EX it's hard to say... and to top it off, Amex uses it's own formula after pulling the report from EX.

Message 2 of 6
Open123
Super Contributor

For the Plum card, it all depends.

If you have an existing history with AmEx, then your score isn't that relevant unless you've got recent derogs.

If you don't have a history, the Plum card is the hardest business charge card to be approved for, in my estimation.  Without a prior AmEx relationship or in lieu of an already good internal score with them, I'd say you'd need at least a 700+ Fico with low debt to equity and revolving account utilization.

Message 3 of 6
dmbtay
Regular Contributor

I started a new business, and recently applied for plum.  We have an AMEX plat (used with extremely high balances and paid for 2 years), AMEX Zync, and blue preferred.  I got denied because they surpassed the internal score and did a soft pull showing a high utilization (we just got married).  I was hoping they would use my new business (S CORP) , but this seems to be literally the same as personal just with the word business.  Still confused, but will get a business amex at some point!

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dmbtay wrote:

I started a new business, and recently applied for plum.  We have an AMEX plat (used with extremely high balances and paid for 2 years), AMEX Zync, and blue preferred.  I got denied because they surpassed the internal score and did a soft pull showing a high utilization (we just got married).  I was hoping they would use my new business (S CORP) , but this seems to be literally the same as personal just with the word business.  Still confused, but will get a business amex at some point!

Most of the big bank business credit cards, Chase, Amex, Cap1, Discover... they don't care about business credit just yours.

Message 5 of 6
dmbtay
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@dmbtay wrote:

Most of the big bank business credit cards, Chase, Amex, Cap1, Discover... they don't care about business credit just yours.

Gotcha, so after we pay our wedding expenses this month (affecting our utlization by 70%) i suppose ill give it another shot.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.