Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wex Shell Fleet Card Approved $19.5k

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Wex Shell Fleet Card Approved $19.5k

I our quest to limit insane fees to Fuelman, we applied for a Shell Fllet card over the weekend.  Just called and set up drivers.  I guess we will see how their fee structure works.    Just got off the phone and it seems like a legit approval for $19.5k and 4 cards are on the way.  Seems to be a Net 20 account or therabouts.  

Anyone with WEX experience?  

DP's: 

LLC, 3 years on file, 11 years old.

EX score 71

Paydex: 79   

9-12 trades

No PG

Edit to add:  I had thought this was a Citi card???

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wex Shell Fleet Card Approved $19.5k

Congrats, but I'm not sure if WEX is much better than Fuelman.

Message 2 of 23
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, but I'm not sure if WEX is much better than Fuelman.

Yes, I know.  I do have a CITI Tractor Supply and would like an Exxon/Mobil card from them but am holding off until I have some clarity on them doing a hard pull on personal credit even without checking the "Personal Guarantee" box.  We just do make the requirements and figure they would be more straight-forward.  If I could get a Sam's MC, that would take care of the Fleet Card issue in terms of less headache.  We pay in full but a set due date would make things easier accounting wise.

I have to say that Fleetcor is pretty bad with fees and they seem to intentionally make it hard to pay.   Our Comdata "Builder Pro" is worse and their fees are insane and both are very tricky when it comes to due dates on holidays and weekends.  If not paying attention to that, they will nail you.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 23
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

@spiritcraft1

I have a WEX card/account, but I don't want anymore. 

Customer service is poor and their accounts are just not that good.

Citi used to have Shell, but they sold it to WEX. The Exxon/Mobil with Citi is what I have as well. It's  No PG, but WEX has a Exxon/Mobil too. You don't want the latter.

Conoco/Phillips 66/76 Commercial with Synchrony No PG is a good one too...just don't pay interest. 

bizcredit11

Message 4 of 23
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@bizcredit11 wrote:

@spiritcraft1

I have a WEX card/account, but I don't want anymore. 

Customer service is poor and their accounts are just not that good.

Citi used to have Shell, but they sold it to WEX. The Exxon/Mobil with Citi is what I have as well. It's  No PG, but WEX has a Exxon/Mobil too. You don't want the latter.

Conoco/Phillips 66/76 Commercial with Synchrony No PG is a good one too...just don't pay interest. 

bizcredit11

Thanks Biz, I have enjoyed your informative posts here.  

So did you apply for the Citi Exxon recently?  I think we have a good shot at it but they do require a SS to submit it now.  Wondering if they will still pull personal if your are not PGing the account.  

I will look into the Sync card as well.  I am also hoping to get the Sam's Club MC which we could use for fuel also.  Just approved the store card after reading your thread.

Yes, we PIF for everything.

PS:  I initially thought I was applying for a City Shell card...  I guess we can use it as a stop gap unless I can get the Citi Exxon.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 5 of 23
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Does wex still close accounts randomly? 

They used to approve you only for you to go to the gas station and realize your card was declined and account closed for reasons... 

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 6 of 23
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Does wex still close accounts randomly? 

They used to approve you only for you to go to the gas station and realize your card was declined and account closed for reasons...

I guess we are going to find out.  Received the cards today.  I will go try one and report back!

Edit:  It worked last night.  Needed Driver ID and Milage, but it did work.  If anything changes, I will certainly report back!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the citi Exxon business card last month. There was no PG.  They ask for your ss # for identification purposes only. Was approved for 3K

Message 8 of 23
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the citi Exxon business card last month. There was no PG.  They ask for your ss # for identification purposes only. Was approved for 3K

I also got that card last week.  $2.5k No PG, did give SS but no personal HP.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 9 of 23
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I just scheduled the first payment on this WEX card.  There were no additional fees only the actual fuel purchased.  The statement, web site and payment portal were all great as opposed to Fuelman.  Absolutely no issues anywhere from fueling to payment.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.