Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What buisness credit cards to get or qualify for after Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What buisness credit cards to get or qualify for after Amex

So I have 7 months of biz credit history. 3 ccs, 1 charge. My biz is small and just hit 2 year mark..
I understand Amex doesn't report to all biz Credit bureaus.
I have not done enough research on this topic obviously. But considering the fact my business credit reports would either have no history or The cards I mentioned from amex depending on which Report is pulled. What would be another bank to consider? In other words who pulls from the same bureas American Express reports to.
I don't mind having to personally guarantee. But I would think even with APG they would at least check my business credit reports.
I'd be looking for something like quarterly rotating rewards if possible. Or something with a nice sign up bonus. Cards that do not report to personal credit unless u miss a payment... I wont.
From what I have found in my research the citi aadvantage ps biz card has one of the best subs. I already have a personal aadvantage citi card so this would be useful to me.
If the American Express gold charge card had supermarkets as one of its categories to earn 4XMR i would dump my personal gold card for that but it doesn't.
I will be reading more in the forums thanks for any information.
Scores are in the signature. AAOA is 1.5 years.
Aoya 2
Uti-2%
Azeo
Inquiries- tu-3,EQ-2ex-8 scorable
1. Want to build biz credit.
2. Give personal credit a rest.
3. Rewards/subs
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What buisness credit cards to get or qualify for after Amex

I don't know which CRA's are pulled for these, but CAP1 Spark Visa is a great business card. I have one, which came with a $1K cash back intro offer. Now I'm getting offers for another card with a $1500 cash back intro offer. It has the best overall cash back (1.5% on all purchases). US Bank is also a good business card, not so much for rewards but they were very generous with their starting CL ($25k). Amex Business cards will always be my top choices, they don't care if you max out the card or go over the limit, so long as you don't miss payments and get your balance under your limit. If you ship with FedEx, they have 5% cash back on FedEx + 1% on all other purchases. FedEx is capped at $1k cash back annually. They also have very generous starting CL's. I also have Chase Ink Business, which has 1% cash back on all purchases and they started me off with a $15k CL, now up to $38k. YMMV, as I've been in business nearly 15 years. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I didn't have the amex bbp(2xMR's) and capital one didn't report to personal credit I'd be all over that card.
My buisness is small enough where the 50k max spend for earning 2 MR's is plenty for me.
Thanks for the great information.
That sign up bonus makes me think do I care that much if cap1 reports to personal lol. But I was approved for a Venture card in November so I've got 4 months left before applying for any cap1 cards. And way over 5/24
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're wanting widespread reporting, I would suggest getting a BIZ card with Citi and USB. Between those two and Amex, something should report to at least one of the CB that is used. 

Amex only reports to D&B and SBFE. The other 2 supposedly report to all bureaus. 

As for Cap1 I've heard that they can be a chore to get them to report. However, they do report to personal which can bite you for utilization.

Discover is another one I'd stay away from for the same reasons.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ty. That's great information. I was denied for USB personal card before I got both citi cards. I'm sure they denied due to too many recent open accounts.
Citi at least with me didn't mind the 2 accounts I opened right before applying for there personal cards and the 3 approvals after since they are giving me cli.
I'm not worried so much about the hard pull as I am the fact citi has shut down accounts for ppl opening too many AA accounts. I'm hopeful this is only for ppl who opened an aviator and aadvantage personal cards. Im not sure if they would mind a personal and a biz aadvantage p.s card... obviously both would get the sub. I'll look around and see if this is the case. Thanks for the information.
Yes I'm only looking for personal cards w/ disco, and cap1. Yes I'm looking for something that does not report personal.
Does citi give good starting limits with biz credit cards as they do with personal? They gave me my 2 highest sl.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you'll notice in my sig, that I have both BIZ and Personal AAdvantage cards. The personal was first about 1.8 years ago with $10.5K SL

Octoberish I was approved for the BIZ version with a $3K SL. 

As for your question it really depends on your BIZ profile, mine is very new. While other more established one would likely get higher SL

I tried for the Aviator a year ago but was declined due to too many recently opened accounts. 

I previously had a USB CC for 4.5 years, so I was likely in a better position than going in cold. As they can be particular with inqs new accounts etc.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update. I did apply for Citi biz in January I was denied.  Prior to that I got 2 more Amex 1 personal and 1 biz credit cards.  I still want the biz from citi but in no rush. They pulled equifax. 2 scorable inquiries  765 fico 

Obviously I had many new accounts. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.