cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is correct way to answer income questions on CC apps?

tag
LowAPRsMoreRewards
Established Member

What is correct way to answer income questions on CC apps?

Should total annual income and annual business revenue on applications correspond to what was just filed for 2019 taxes, and therefore easily proven, the smaller amount I expect I will have earned this year (should I include non-taxable income like PPP loan, and refer to it as non-taxable income? I normally don't have non-taxable income), or what I expect to make going forward (I have started getting work again)? Normally these would be more similar...  Complicated by entirely Self-Employment last year, main client hiring on as employee this year, but still some other 1099, and PUA/PPP money...
(Specifically for Citi Biz)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is correct way to answer income questions on CC apps?

Just to confirm placement on your question, this is in reference to a business application, correct?

Message 2 of 5
LowAPRsMoreRewards
Established Member

It is both in general for biz & personal cards, but specifically I am interested in a Citi AAdvantage biz card.  Applying as sole prop, w/mixed W-2 & 1099 income under my name.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LowAPRsMoreRewards - Since your question pertains primarily to the Citi AAdvantage Business application, I have moved your thread to the appropriate Business Credit section of the forums for better exposure.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be safe, I would just put down the number that matches your 2019 filing, just in case they do want that info. Thye didn't request mine and I don't recall anyone else reporting that they did either. Though I do have accounts already with them so that may have helped, who knows. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.