cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Chase 30 day message? (Update - Approved)

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

What is the Chase 30 day message? (Update - Approved)

I applied for the Ink Cash, just thought I'd try to get in before any more changes at Chase, and I also could use the 12mo 0% too at the end of the month for a large purchase.

The message I got was this. Is this what people talk about on here when mentioning the 30-day? I've tried the 3117 number and it just tries to transfer me to a rep so I hang up.

Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase. 

Here's what you can expect next:
We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S 
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What is the Chase 30 day message?

Typical message which is a good sign so far 

Time to sit on your hands and wait it out 

Good luck CJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Thanks. I just called again and it's now saying I'll be notified within 2 weeks. What does that mean?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditJim wrote:

Thanks. I just called again and it's now saying I'll be notified within 2 weeks. What does that mean?

Two weeks is a more positive sign than 7-10 days.

Message 4 of 14
CreditJim
Established Contributor

But less positive than 30 days?
Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Both good signs 

The 7-10 is the dreaded one and most feared 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 14
CreditJim
Established Contributor

The wait is killing me! With the Ink Plus I called in as I didn't know not to...

Message 7 of 14
CreditJim
Established Contributor

After 2 weeks Ink Cash goes to 30 day notice... lost cause?

So after waiting for 2 weeks on a decision for my Ink Cash application the status line has changed from 2 week message to 30 days. Bad sign? Is there anything I can do - do they recon or allow reallocation of some Ink Plus CL to get it approved?
Message 8 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Both good signs 

The 7-10 is the dreaded one and most feared 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 14
CreditJim
Established Contributor

16 days after my application and I logged in to my Chase account and see the new account. Called the status line and it's changed to approved. Low limit of $3k. Does Chase allow reallocation of lines between cards? I would like to move something from either my Freedom, or if I have to, my Ink Plus.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.