Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will the IRS see with an EIN??!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What will the IRS see with an EIN??!!

Hi all,

I applied for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage card last night and got a pending decision. I called the UW this morning and they asked for business docs. One of the options was to provide an EIN. I was going to make one but wanted to know what the IRS will know when I make one. Will they expect me to pay taxes at the end of the year??

My business doesn’t have any income really and I’m probably going to put some personal spend on the business card to hit the minimum spend but I want to make sure the IRS doesn’t look for me to report income or loss at the end of the year.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What will the IRS see with an EIN??!!

Please help.

Thank you
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if you provide an EIN, it sounds as if it would be fairly new with no history. Which is why Citi wants it, to prove validity of the Business. Because they obviously cannot find anything under the Business name you provided. Second options are for docs, which if no business means no paperwork. It sounds like you're in for a denial unless you explain that it's new and want to PG the account.

You'll only need to pay taxes if you actually had Business income. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I got an EIN, submitted, called and got approved with a 20K SL! That’s my largest limit! Very excited to get my 60K bonus.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CitiBusiness AAdvantage APPROVED

Hi all,

I pulled the trigger on the AAdvantage business card from Citi on Monday evening. Pending message and EQ pull came that night. I called the next day and UW said I needed business docs. I applied for an EIN number online and sent them the letter. I called again today and got approved over the phone! 20K SL.

EQ VantageScore 805 (Fico unknown)
1 inq 12 mo old
Income 70k
2 other business cards currently - Amex BBP and Barclays Business Aviator.

Does anyone know good redemptions for American Airline miles?
Message 5 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: CitiBusiness AAdvantage APPROVED

BOOM...You...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

BIG  CONGRATS on your CitiBusiness AAdvantage approval and the  MASSIVE  SL - Way to Go!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 UW said I needed business docs. I applied for an EIN number online and sent them the letter. I called again today and got approved over the phone! 20K SL.

First, that's an awesome limit.  Second, the EIN thing and applying and all that....quick. How long have you been in business?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 13
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulation’s on your approval and great SL.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

About 1 year
Message 9 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
About 1 year

Great job!  I'm impressed and very happy for you.  We've been in business forever, never thought about business credit until a few months ago.  Keep up the good work; it's gotta be good work for that limit so Yay! U!!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.