cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the deal with Nav in plain English? Can someone speak to their experience with them?

tag
creditalchemist
Valued Member

Whats the deal with Nav in plain English? Can someone speak to their experience with them?

I recently formed an LLC. and am in the process of building my business credit.

Upon signing up for a Nav business account ( basic free account) I am seeing this :

"By clicking Next, you are providing “written instructions” to Nav under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain your personal credit information from Experian and/or TransUnion. You authorize Nav to obtain such information to confirm your identity, display credit data to you, and provide monthly credit monitoring services."

What does this mean in plain English?

Does this mean in ANY remote way they will pull my personal credit information from Experian and/or TransUnion? (or any other agency?)

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: Whats the deal with Nav in plain English? Can someone speak to their experience with them?

Yes, I believe that Nav statement means that you are giving them authorization to pull your "personal" credit report from Experian and/or TransUnion . . . I recommend don't click "next" if you don't agree!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 2 of 3
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Whats the deal with Nav in plain English? Can someone speak to their experience with them?

@creditalchemist at first when I signed up with NAV a few yrs ago all they did was pull info. from the biz cb's.  A little later I noticed they offered to give personal cr updates as well.  I never received a hp. (wasn't applying for credit)

I do get alerts through the NAV freebie product about changes to my personal cr as well as biz cr's as they happen. ie. inquiries, new accts, etc.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.