When To Ask For CLI On Amex BBP

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: When To Ask For CLI On Amex BBP

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Most likely that is the case, set a reminder for 91 days from today and ask again for $6,000.

Is 91 days applicable if the denial reason is asking too soon? 

Curious to know this myself.

No.  In that case, you can just ask every day until you are denied for an actual reason or approved.  I've tested this theory on "a few" occasions.

Message 11 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Most likely that is the case, set a reminder for 91 days from today and ask again for $6,000.

Curious...why 91 days?  Is that how often they allow a re-request for a CLI?

American Express will only evaluate a credit line increase request on any account by a member 91 days after a denied request or 181 days after an approved request on any account.  Denial because "our policy requires six months between credit line increases" or "you have been denied in the past 90 days" does not reset the clock.

Message 12 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:
I just realized it's a business card. I am not sure if rules are different for business cards 🙁

My understanding is that while corporate credit cards may have different rules, small business cards are no different in this area than personal credit cards.  The real differences between them are that while you can reallocate credit lines from personal to business cards, you can't do it from business to personal, and business cards lack some of the consumer protections afforded to all personal credit cards.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.