Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to apply for Chase Ink

tag
jmoneyk
Established Member

When to apply for Chase Ink

Just recently started a small business and am looking to simplify my financials by putting everything on a business credit card.  Interested in the Chase Ink.  Back on 05/30 I was approved for a Chase Sapphire Preffered and a Amex BCP for my personal use, and also just closed on a business line of credit with TD bank for 50k.  My scores are in the 715-730 range across the board.  When would be the best time to apply for the Chase Ink Business?  The CSP is reporting to my personal, but the line of credit and Amex BCP have not.  Any advice is appreciated!

JK

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jmoneyk
Established Member

Re: When to apply for Chase Ink

Anyone?

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jmoneyk wrote:

Just recently started a small business and am looking to simplify my financials by putting everything on a business credit card.  Interested in the Chase Ink.  Back on 05/30 I was approved for a Chase Sapphire Preffered and a Amex BCP for my personal use, and also just closed on a business line of credit with TD bank for 50k.  My scores are in the 715-730 range across the board.  When would be the best time to apply for the Chase Ink Business?  The CSP is reporting to my personal, but the line of credit and Amex BCP have not.  Any advice is appreciated!

JK

You think the Chase ink Rewards or card is better then Amex Gold Business Charge?

What credit line did you get on your Chase Card?

I really can't see why you would have any problems getting the ink now... I think they use to limit 1 app every 6 months or something but pretty sure we have been seeing that just isn't the case anymore especially with personal cards, so I would assume personal vs business really wouldn't be an issue since different departments and card types.

Message 3 of 8
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I think you should apply.... Apply and if you dont get an instant approval call in and ask to speak to a analyst....

I got my first personal card with chase a slate for 3K in Nov 2011...ran about 15-18k so far and PIF.... In April in applied for a chase ink for my company which was formed in march 2011, so no history.... I spoke with a analyst.... The analyst was friendly and actually knew where my business was...was approved for 5k... So ran about 15k through and PIF still... If you got a 50k line of credit you will def get this cc...how is your history was ur personal card ??? I think they really like when u PIF I do every month before the statement cuts..
Message 4 of 8
jmoneyk
Established Member

Thank guys.  I applied and then got the under review notice.  Called in immediately, spoke with a very nice lady named Laurie.  She asked me some general questions about the business and then came back and approved me for 5k.  She said I got the review notice because of the recent CSP personal card I was approved for.  

Credit Addict, to answer your question.  I applied for the Chase Ink Classic, because I like the UR rewards structure and also like the low APR of the card.  I was not looking for a charge card specifically, if I was, the Chase Bold is a better charge than the Amex Gold.

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jmoneyk wrote:

Thank guys.  I applied and then got the under review notice.  Called in immediately, spoke with a very nice lady named Laurie.  She asked me some general questions about the business and then came back and approved me for 5k.  She said I got the review notice because of the recent CSP personal card I was approved for.  

Credit Addict, to answer your question.  I applied for the Chase Ink Classic, because I like the UR rewards structure and also like the low APR of the card.  I was not looking for a charge card specifically, if I was, the Chase Bold is a better charge than the Amex Gold.

oh silly me... I just read this and was like OOOH... for whatever reason when I was writing asking you why Chase vs. Amex I was thinking you were talkina bout the charge... hmmm... (opening window to look at correct chase card!!)

Nice APR!!!

But after the first $25k does it drop down to a 1x for all? 

I like the looks of the Amex Cash Business.

Still really think it's the Capital One Spark Cash but I just have to make sure I have a really good back up or a line of credit that doesn't charge to transfer to and just move the balance a couple times a month to make sure no maxed out reporting on it because it reports to personal credit also.  Or else settle for the tiers of credit with either Chase or Amex.

Last thing.... $5k on this Ink... What did you get on your Personal Chase?

Message 6 of 8
jmoneyk
Established Member

It does drop down to 1x on everything after 25k, but i do not plan on spending that much in a year. Earning 5x on office supplies, cable, internet, and phone is pretty nice though. And 2x on hotels and gas is not too shabby. The 0%apr for 12 months made it even more attractive. My cl on my personal chase is 5700.
Message 7 of 8
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I'm surprised you only got 5k...I had a very short history with chase when I applied so knew I wasn't going to get a big limit... But so far ran about 18-20k through personal and 15k through business and PIF every month... I'm taking the advice from everyone and ask for a CLI when I get to the six month mark... Honestly in my line of business(retail), we charge around 15-25k every month on our card for the business...so in Oct Im going to ask for a increase to 25k doubt I will get it but let's see... By the way I have the ink cash card..love it so far got $400 in cash rewards built up....
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.