Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will interest be charged - Chase Ink 12 month 0 APR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will interest be charged - Chase Ink 12 month 0 APR

Hi myFico.  Its been a while since I've posted on here, I've been trying to avoid temptations and stay within the 5/24 rule in case I need a balance transfer with Chase Slate.

I had a few large purchases to make and I decided to open a Chase Ink to take advantage of the 12 month 0% APR offer.  I'm hoping for some clarification on the date my balance is due before I get hit with an interest charge.  In my mind, it's one of two dates:

1. The 12 months from the date I was approved - I'm not 100% sure when this is, but my first purchase was April 25, first statement is May 12.  I'd guess April 12?
  2. With payment of my 12th statement - April would be my 12th statement, so sometime early May.

I definitely don't want to wait until the last day to pay the full balance, but there's almost a month between the two potential dates and I'm going down to the wire with liquid assets this year (as planned).

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When will interest be charged - Chase Ink 12 month 0 APR

once you have a statement, you will see offer's expiration date on it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

once you have a statement, you will see offer's expiration date on it.

That makes a lot of sense!  Looks like it's due on May 12.  I'll pay it along with my April Statement first week of May.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP
Read your CC agreement. It states the exact date when the 0% interest expires.

Also, I always pay the BT one month prior to expiration. Murphy’s Law—too many things can go wrong in that last month.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.