cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

AS OF 09/25/21

Hi All, 

When looking to open business credit cards, something that influences my decisions are:

• Which banks report business card activity to business credit reports?
  • Which banks report business card activity to personal credit reports?
  • Which banks report business card activity to which business credit reporting agencies? (D&B, SBFE, EX & EQ)

This is a fluid grid and as always, subject to change, and very much a YMMV situation, but it's nice to have a reference point. We're just sharing our personal experiences and lumping them onto a consolidated list. 

If you're personal results vary from what I have noted just add a reply (tag me please, @credit_is_crack) and we'll make a note of it and update the grid accordingly. Those with an existing business report (with active items reporting) have a much higher propensity to have your personal CRA pull in addition to a business CRA.

Amex Callout: Historically Amex reported activity to SBFE, but in 2020 users have reported that Amex is not reporting any activity to any business CRA. For clarity, I presume they are referencing positive activity as almost all lenders will report negative activity to both business and personal CRA's.

Capital One Callout: If your business card was opened prior to October 2020 it should be reporting to all personall CRA's. Select "Spark Cash for Business" accounts created on or after October 2020 do not report to personal CRA's. This is a change in process for them and will likely roll out to other cards in their lineup, but has not officially been confirmed. For now, all other Cap1 business cards will still report to personal credit reports. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 10.19.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.47.01 AM.png

139 REPLIES 139
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

Cap1 Certainly reports back to EQ business(at least negatives) as had a business account with them 7 years ago until recently it has haunted me as off personal EQ report early due to EE, but remained on EQ business and caused a few denials with Citi Business which Citi used on their business CC decisio making progress along with Personal Ex or Eq or both.  Sole reason on AA denial for Citi was EQ business and was from Cap1 just to fill the matrix in a bit more.  Believe my EQ business is clean now as heard BofA pulls EQ business as well although not 100% certain on that so unless someone can confirm that don't etch that in stone yet.

Message 2 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Good to know - I just updated it! 

Message 3 of 140
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Great Post! I’ve been trying to piece this information together for a while. Very helpful.

Strange that Cap One reports to personal credit file.
Message 4 of 140
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

BoA business card does pull EX Business report. I just got an alert when I applied.

Also HP on TU.
Message 5 of 140
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

The only ones I know of which report to personal credit are Capital One, TD Bank, and Discover.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@LittleSal wrote:
Great Post! I’ve been trying to piece this information together for a while. Very helpful.

Strange that Cap One reports to personal credit file.

It is odd, but they do show up. I understand the credit report has a small note that says "Small Business Account", but its stats are factored in like every other personal card. Payment history, utilization, limits, etc. 

Message 7 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

The only ones I know of which report to personal credit are Capital One, TD Bank, and Discover.

Do you know if it reports both positive and negative info on the personal report for TD Bank? I can add it to our list

Message 8 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would caution everyone that Your Experience May Vary with respect to the charts above.

Message 9 of 140
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Do you know if it reports both positive and negative info on the personal report for TD Bank? I can add it to our list

Yes that's what I mean when I say it reports to personal credit. Because they all report negative stuff to personal credit as far as I know.

It just reports the same information to your personal credit as a personal credit card would.

Which for me is bad because I want to be able to use the business card freely, without having to think about how it might affect utilization.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.