cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

My Amex Prime for business reports to my Dun & Bradstreet and all my personal CR's. This is my frst business card since my bankruptcy in 2011. 

So far it hasn't appeared on my SBFE report yet. I opened the card in December and use it heavily, I have no idea why.

Guyatthebeach

Message 41 of 140
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

How do you check your SBFE report?
Message 42 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

My Amex Prime for business reports to my Dun & Bradstreet and all my personal CR's. This is my frst business card since my bankruptcy in 2011. 

So far it hasn't appeared on my SBFE report yet. I opened the card in December and use it heavily, I have no idea why.

Guyatthebeach

That sounds horribly wrong. I am 100% certain none of my Amex buisness cards show up on any personal reports. And when you say "it hasn't appeared on my SBFE report yet", who is pulling the report for you? From what I know they don't produce reports you can buy, but instead they are just 'partners' with a bureaus like D&B, EX and a couple others. 

The card account should be listed on the SBFE report, but I've never seen anyone pull it and see what's in there (unless you're a partner with SBFE?) Is the card under your name exclusivly (no DBA, LLC, Sol Prop or Corp registration)? 

Message 43 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@LittleSal wrote:
How do you check your SBFE report?

+1 -- when you go to their site the only folks that can 'see' their data are partners of SBFE. I've never seen an option to actually see the report yourself, but instead it would be referenced by applying with certain banks. I know BofA pulls because they mentioned details about what was on mine recently, but couldn't actually see it.

Message 44 of 140
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Credit_is_crack,

My commercial banker that handles my SB loan pulled it when I met with her, my accountant, my tax accountant, and my lawyer last month. She’s handled my business loans for years. I took her word for it. From what I saw on the report, it listed all my loans, business lines of credit, and my business Amex was not listed.

The card is listed under the name of my sole proprietorship. Your post raised a question for me because on the app, I put my TIN, but Amex did call me to verify my social security number. They also asked information about income and bankruptcy, which I thought was odd because they already had my last two years of tax returns and paperwork from my bankruptcy.

I will call Amex in the morning, find out, and let you know.

Guyatthebeach.
Message 45 of 140
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Amex has never reported business accounts to personal credit, even those for sole prop's.

Color me skeptical of the business prime reporting to personal, don't think you're the only one here with that and a lot of people here check their credit reports fairly often.

My SCP hasn't reported to personal and I've had it for years, also not expecting the Bonvoy card to show up either even if both were opened SP style.  

ETA: Ah I think I see the disconnect - it's reporting as a SP tradeline but that's different than showing up on your personal credit reports.  I'm assuming that's what you meant?  Sounds like there was just some application issue if it isn't associated with your EIN as anticipated, calling them would be the right path.

        
Message 46 of 140
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya Amex Prime Business as a SP certainly doesn't show up on your personal CR.  Have 4 business cards with them all PG'ed either LLC or SP and none on personal.

Message 47 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:
Credit_is_crack,

My commercial banker that handles my SB loan pulled it when I met with her, my accountant, my tax accountant, and my lawyer last month. She’s handled my business loans for years. I took her word for it. From what I saw on the report, it listed all my loans, business lines of credit, and my business Amex was not listed.

The card is listed under the name of my sole proprietorship. Your post raised a question for me because on the app, I put my TIN, but Amex did call me to verify my social security number. They also asked information about income and bankruptcy, which I thought was odd because they already had my last two years of tax returns and paperwork from my bankruptcy.

I will call Amex in the morning, find out, and let you know.

Guyatthebeach.

Did you get a chance to connect with the bank and find anything out? When you pull your personal reports do you see them there? I'm very curious as you'd be the first person I've ever heard of having this pop up with Amex cards. Let us know

Message 48 of 140
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I haven’t had a chance to call Amex yet. When I find out what’s going on, I will let you know.

Thanks!

Guyatthebeach
Message 49 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Teach Gymnastics and im the owner how would I start to apply for like business credit cards?

or like checking into getting a loan to bulid a gym? thanks

Message 50 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.