cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

@GApeachy wrote:

This is my concern...I have a few new biz cc's and not sure how to use them w/o messing up utl%.  So far, 2 of our new cards don't report to personal but they are store business cards (not mc or visa).  Lowes biz, Staples biz and Dell......but what about Cap1 Spark?  It will report the positive to both personal and biz, right?  So we need to make sure to pif in the usual manner (correct?) but if it's a 0 bal. from month to month will our biz reports reflect that or not at all?  I just don't understand the biz scoring.

Hi @Laurachrissy -- you nailed it. There are some business cards that report like a regular personal card on your reports and the Cap1 is one of them. If you're wanting to mainain UTI then keeping it below 30% when it cycles over is a good start, keeping it below 9% is your best option if you're going to have a balance on it. Some folks steer clear of these banks that report to personal because it hinders you from using it like you need. 

You're biz reports will pick up all that info as well so it will show your activity which is good for your biz reports. It's just a nuisance to have to manage the UTI since it shows on the personal report. 

Message 61 of 140
Aloha808
Contributor

FYI, interestingly, the ANA credit card (by FNBO) offering page has the credit card with a Visa Business logo (as pictured below). Is that an error? Never noticed that before. Does anyone know if the ANA credit card is reported to personal credit bureaus? I tried calling FNBO CS to ask them, and they confirmed that it has the Visa biz logo on the card, but didn't know if it actually IS a biz card. Weird, right? Prestige, which also handles the application process, didn't know much either. Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 9.34.33 AM.png

Active: Retired:
Message 62 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to figure out where my credit union’s (BECU) business card reports to. No one I contacted seems to know.
Message 63 of 140
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Does TU have a biz report? 

(Edit: ) Cap1 says they report to Exp. , 3 months later can't find it on reports.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 64 of 140
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been trying to figure out where my credit union’s (BECU) business card reports to. No one I contacted seems to know.

It's quite possible that it doesn't report at all unless you get derogatory information.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 65 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's quite possible that it doesn't report at all unless you get derogatory information.

+1, 

Not all these business cards report anywhere until it goes south. BECU could be one of those gems

Message 66 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Someone mentioned that Navy had advised them they would start reporting to CRA's, but couldn't tell them when it would start, which CRA's or what info. Can anyone with a Navy card confirm this change did or did not happen?

Message 67 of 140
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

My NFCU Biz card has been on my EX report for at least a few months.
When I first reported this to this thread I was tracking it by the CL assigned because that was the low end EX report I was pulling.
I can without question say , now that I pull a comprehensive report, that the last 4 numbers of the account match.
And it's not a new account.
I have had the CC for over a decade.
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 68 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:
When I first reported this to this thread I was tracking it by the CL assigned because that was the low end EX report I was pulling.
I can without question say , now that I pull a comprehensive report, that the last 4 numbers of the account match.

Thanks @jaxstraw - is this showing up on your EX pers or biz report? 

Message 69 of 140
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

Thanks @jaxstraw - is this showing up on your EX pers or biz report? 

EX biz.

I subscribed to a 12 month report directly from EX Biz and can pull it whenever I want.

Jax

Message 70 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.