cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

@blackfines1 wrote:

having 2y of discover business card , i can confirm discover business doesnt report to Dnb or experian biz. Maybe SBFE  but definite not on experian biz

thanks for the note @blackfines1 I updated the grid removing DNB/EX for Discover

Message 121 of 140
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Hi @credit_is_crack 

Please see this thread: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Capital-One-Spark-1-5-Cash-Select-Green-card-Report...

I have reviewed the terms and conditions for all 6 of the Capital One Spark Cards. Contained only in the Spark Plus 2% cards T&Cs is this language:

Will This Card Be Reflected On My Personal Credit Report?
Late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account may be reflected on your personal credit report.

Will This Card Be Reflected On My Business Credit Report?
Several items may be reflected on your business credit report. Items may include but are not limited to statement balance, late payments, missed payments or other defaults.

Therefore, it seems that only the Spark Cash Plus 2% card, after October 2020 does NOT report to personal credit reports. All others do.

Would you mind updating the first page of this awesome tool that you created to reflect this? When you have time of course.

Thanks!
Message 122 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

Hi @credit_is_crack 

Please see this thread: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Capital-One-Spark-1-5-Cash-Select-Green-card-Report...

I have reviewed the terms and conditions for all 6 of the Capital One Spark Cards. Contained only in the Spark Plus 2% cards T&Cs is this language:

Late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account may be reflected on your personal credit report.

Several items may be reflected on your business credit report. Items may include but are not limited to statement balance, late payments, missed payments or other defaults.

Therefore, it seems that only the Spark Cash Plus 2% card, after October 2020 does NOT report to personal credit reports. All others do.

Would you mind updating the first page of this awesome tool that you created to reflect this? When you have time of course.

Thanks!

Hi @BearsCubsOtters -- thanks for the note. I think we should get someone who has one of these to weigh in. I know when that rule updated last October the 2% card was not out yet. If what the T&C's state are accurate, then that would mean anyone who got a cash card after October 2020 did not have it reporting, but then it started reporting after the launch of the 2% card. I haven't seen any reports from anyone stating that, which would likely be in the form of a complaint.

The T&C's liberally use the words "may report" so hopefully we can get someone to chime in. I definitely want to make sure it's accurate so whichever direction it goes I'll update it, but I'm pretty sure it's applying to all its cash rewards cards. 

Does anyone have a Spark cash card opened after OCT 2020 (not the 2% card) and can confirm if it is reporting on your personal reports? 

Message 123 of 140
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

Hi @credit_is_crack 

Thanks!

Hi @BearsCubsOtters -- thanks for the note. I think we should get someone who has one of these to weigh in. I know when that rule updated last October the 2% card was not out yet. If what the T&C's state are accurate, then that would mean anyone who got a cash card after October 2020 did not have it reporting, but then it started reporting after the launch of the 2% card. I haven't seen any reports from anyone stating that, which would likely be in the form of a complaint.

The T&C's liberally use the words "may report" so hopefully we can get someone to chime in. I definitely want to make sure it's accurate so whichever direction it goes I'll update it, but I'm pretty sure it's applying to all its cash rewards cards. 

Does anyone have a Spark cash card opened after OCT 2020 (not the 2% card) and can confirm if it is reporting on your personal reports? 

@credit_is_crack  sounds like a plan. That was my understanding as well (that all cash after 10/2020 shouldn't report). Perhaps the OP from the linked thread should contact Capital One to see if its an error on their end. 

In your original post it does state YMMV so very true statement it seems.

Message 124 of 140
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

Hi @credit_is_crack 

Thanks!

@credit_is_crack  sounds like a plan. That was my understanding as well (that all cash after 10/2020 shouldn't report). Perhaps the OP from the linked thread should contact Capital One to see if its an error on their end. 

If you read the "Disclosures" for all of the cards you will find your answer I do believe.  So far, I have not found the 2% disclosure anywhere except for the 2% Cash card (NPSL).  Which reads:

"Will This Card Be Reflected On My Personal Credit Report?

Several items may be reflected on your business credit report. Items may include but are not limited to statement balance, late payments, missed payments or other defaults."

If anyone else finds the same verbiage, as above,  on the other Capital Business cards...plz post back.

ETA: you have to click on the apply button for each card, scroll down to each one's "disclosure" to find or not find that verbiage.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 125 of 140
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know where Citizen's Business credit reports to ?

Message 126 of 140
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

Does anyone know where Citizen's Business credit reports to ?

I've never seen info for Citizen's so hopefully someone see's this and chimes in @4sallypat 

Message 127 of 140
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

AS OF 09/25/21

Hi All, 

When looking to open business credit cards, something that influences my decisions are:

• Which banks report business card activity to business credit reports?
  • Which banks report business card activity to personal credit reports?
  • Which banks report business card activity to which business credit reporting agencies? (D&B, SBFE, EX & EQ)

This is a fluid grid and as always, subject to change, and very much a YMMV situation, but it's nice to have a reference point. We're just sharing our personal experiences and lumping them onto a consolidated list. 

If you're personal results vary from what I have noted just add a reply (tag me please, @credit_is_crack) and we'll make a note of it and update the grid accordingly. Those with an existing business report (with active items reporting) have a much higher propensity to have your personal CRA pull in addition to a business CRA.

Amex Callout: Historically Amex reported activity to SBFE, but in 2020 users have reported that Amex is not reporting any activity to any business CRA. For clarity, I presume they are referencing positive activity as almost all lenders will report negative activity to both business and personal CRA's.

Capital One Callout: If your business card was opened prior to October 2020 it should be reporting to all personall CRA's. Any "Spark Cash for Business" accounts created on or after October 2020 do not report to personal CRA's. This is a change in process for them and will likely roll out to other cards in their lineup, but has not officially been confirmed. For now, all other Cap1 business cards will still report to personal credit reports. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 10.19.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.47.01 AM.png

@credit_is_crack Hi! Thank you for compiling this information.

Does anyone have data points about BB&T/Truist? 

Thank you! 

Message 128 of 140
Aloha808
Contributor

Just a heads up, I'm seeing various reports (5 so far) that Barclays business credit cards opened from 1/1/22 onwards are reporting as new trade lines/accounts on personal credit reports. Seems to be right around the 30 day mark after opening the card. 

Active: Retired:
Message 129 of 140
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Aloha808 wrote:

Just a heads up, I'm seeing various reports (5 so far) that Barclays business credit cards opened from 1/1/22 onwards are reporting as new trade lines/accounts on personal credit reports. Seems to be right around the 30 day mark after opening the card. 

@Aloha808 Where are these reports coming from? What's the source?  Typically, most Barclays approvals, at least on the personal side, report within 24-72 hours from approval -- which I would assume a similar outcome would be seen for new business cards.

Message 130 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.