Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I reading bad things about Fleetcor

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Why am I reading bad things about Fleetcor

For those that have them and use them do you see hidden fees? Added charges? Crooked and shady activities?

The guy at fleetcor calls my business and KEEPS calling like a pushy salesman to give my business a fleetcor card. So i look these guys up and on BBB and there is nothing good to say about them in my reading.

i would like to have a good business fuel card however, i dont want a shady business to satisfy that need.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Why am I reading bad things about Fleetcor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

For those that have them and use them do you see hidden fees? Added charges? Crooked and shady activities?

The guy at fleetcor calls my business and KEEPS calling like a pushy salesman to give my business a fleetcor card. So i look these guys up and on BBB and there is nothing good to say about them in my reading.

i would like to have a good business fuel card however, i dont want a shady business to satisfy that need.

For the first week or so they definitely came off that way.... multiple calls feeling like pushy salesmen.

Not sure why considering I was already approved and using the card.

They just wanted to keep explaining the system and checking if I was getting all the info.

There was no need for it but after that I have never heard from them again.

To me its now just a tradeline to pad my biz credit.

I use it occasionally.....like once a month.

I just make sure to use it at an Arco station so I don't get hit with a $10 out of service fee.

In retrospect I probably should have got the Speedway card since there are many more of them in my area compared to Arco.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When using your card at Arco, do you use your card for Fuel Purcashes ONLY?

Can your card be also used for convinence stores purcashes including Energy Drinks, Snacks & Sodas?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaxstraw wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

For the first week or so they definitely came off that way.... multiple calls feeling like pushy salesmen.

They just wanted to keep explaining the system and checking if I was getting all the info.

I just make sure to use it at an Arco station so I don't get hit with a $10 out of service fee.

In retrospect I probably should have got the Speedway card since there are many more of them in my area compared to Arco.

Can your card be also used for convinence stores purcashes including Energy Drinks, Snacks & Sodas?

Message 4 of 11
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

I don't have Arco. I live in texas so I'm not sure how I could take advantage of avoiding a 10 out of network fee

Message 5 of 11
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I can but haven't.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 11
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Fleetcor has other cards .....

https://fleetcardsusa.com/compare-cards.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw1rnqBRAAEiwAr29II3Q9-Rd89mSwtpVo6p2-qtsHg...

Jax

Message 7 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

You really won't know your true terms until after the fact: Example: "If this application is approved, then the Applicant’s Authorized Representative listed above will be notified of the account’s available credit limit, the acceptable payment terms & method, and any applicable program fees. Program details will be provided in the client agreement that will be delivered along with the cards to the Authorized Representative." Notice: you will then learn about fees, etc once the deal is done.  So my fees were finally disclosed and they are $10 per card plus $2 per swipe, payment due on 14th and 30th in full. This is their mastercard I was talked into since we could use it in our area. Well Hell-to-the-No!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Before I ordered the cards I was told none of these fees applied, csr recommended this particular mastercard for this very reason.
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 11
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Just reading this document made me turn away from them.

https://citronresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/FLT-followup-final-d.pdf

I value my business to much to be caught up in shady practices.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.