cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my business CC appear on my personal CR?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Why does my business CC appear on my personal CR?

Interesting, We applied based on this: Two for the price of one...meaning (2x= business & personal report for 1 card) We are in the re-build process so it made since to us.  Since there have been a couple of business cc denials, with this on our personal reports as well as business report, I am hopeing this will show we have business credit and future apps/creditors will follow suit.

This why we applied.
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

There could be an upside of this for you.  It's generally much easier to get high credit limits on business cards and that will look good on your credit profile.  My spark biz is now at 150K limit, and that has substantially increased my credit profile.

Capital One has a new product that is a charge card for business (I don't recall the product name) -- not sure if it reports to personal but you may want to inquire about it.

Message 12 of 20
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There could be an upside of this for you.  It's generally much easier to get high credit limis on business cards and that will look good on your credit profile.  My spark biz is now at 150K limit, and that has substantially increased my credit profile.

Capital One has a new product that is a charge card for business (I don't recall the product name) -- not sure if it reports to personal but you may want to inquire about it.

Would you share your sl and whether cli's are auto or self initiated?  Also, how long have you had the card?

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There could be an upside of this for you.  It's generally much easier to get high credit limis on business cards and that will look good on your credit profile.  My spark biz is now at 150K limit, and that has substantially increased my credit profile.

Would you share your sl and whether cli's are auto or self initiated?  Also, how long have you had the card?

I don't recall the starting limit on that particular card as they all blur together now, but I believe it was 20 K.    It was all self initiated and mostly based on need due to how much my business spends.  I also have a pretty solid credit profile with other cards with decent limits so I'm sure that helped quite a bit.  I've had this card for a little over 2 years.  Business ramped quickly on it and we were paying the card off every week so there was a demonstrated need for a higher limit along with the financials to prove it was low risk for Capital One.  Once you get to a certain limit threshold (I think it's 50 K), an underwriter has to look at it.

Message 14 of 20
New Contributor

Well, I'm glad I looked at this thread .... was considering a cap one card, but I'm pretty hardlined about separation of my personal and business worlds.

What happens if I let my employees get accounts?  They each get a credit reporting opportunity?  hmm actually.  some folks (fresh out of college) might see this as a perk for working here.  Now I've gotta think this over...

Message 15 of 20
GApeachy
Super Contributor

delete

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found that out the hard way a few years ago. I just try to limit my exposure going forward. I believe its reporting to both personal and business. Mostly personal.

Message 17 of 20
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

This is the reason a lot people do not apply for Cap1 biz CCs.  

Message 18 of 20
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There could be an upside of this for you.  It's generally much easier to get high credit limits on business cards and that will look good on your credit profile.  My spark biz is now at 150K limit, and that has substantially increased my credit profile.

I doubt that high CLs can increase the credit profile.  To me, it is a liability.  I always call to decrease my CLs to no more than $30k each.   CC banks want to extend the credit line to make $$.  If the CLs are not being used, then banks want to take back since the CLs still use its resources and are still possible exposures.

Message 19 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don’t understand why my business Capital One Spark CC appears on my personal CR. When I opened it I opened it in the business name? Is there anyway I can change this?

Because Capital One is an idiot bank.

Business cards from Capital One, Discover, and TD Bank all report to personal credit. I know of no other business credit card that reports to personal credit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.