cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would Chase Let Me Have a Third Business Card?

tag
yowhatimean
Contributor

Would Chase Let Me Have a Third Business Card?

So right now, I have Southwest Business Premier and Ink Cash. Was thinking about getting the Ink Unlimited. Chase recently gave me a CLI (on their own) on the Southwest card from $15k to $20k. Any knowledge if I put in an app for this card if they will approve me or deny me based on having too much credit out? I originally only had the Southwest card and app'd for the CIP. I received a letter to call them. So I called them and they asked me a bunch of questions about my business. At the end of the convo I asked if I could move some of my CL from the Southwest to the new card. And they said that would work so they approved me for the card. Not sure if I will have that same luck this time around or not. I honestly would just like to close the SW card, but not sure if that's best way to go about this to get the IU instead.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would Chase Let Me Have a Third Business Card?

All things considered profile-wise, income, etc., and as long as you are under 5/24, then you should be able to go for it. Chase can approve for as many CCs (biz or personal) as long as you qualify (and not over 5/24 - unless pre-approved).

Potentially, if approved for a lower than expected SL, you could reallocate a portion of the CL from your other biz CC to CIU.

How long ago did you get approved for the SW biz and Ink Cash?
Message 2 of 12
yowhatimean
Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
All things considered profile-wise, income, etc., and as long as you are under 5/24, then you should be able to go for it. Chase can approve for as many CCs (biz or personal) as long as you qualify (and not over 5/24 - unless pre-approved).

Potentially, if approved for a lower than expected SL, you could reallocate a portion of the CL from your other biz CC to CIU.

Approved for SW on Feb. 2018 and Ink Cash on June 2018.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always message a rep and request for your CL to be lowered, I've done this a couple times on personal cards to 'make room' for new cards.

Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@yowhatimean wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Approved for SW on Feb. 2018 and Ink Cash on June 2018.

Got it.  As long as you're under 5/24 (absent of any pre-qualified offers), you should be good.  Good luck with the CIU application whenever you decide to go for it. 

Message 5 of 12
yowhatimean
Contributor

So I app'd this morning and I got the "We need to review your request a little longer" notification. So at least they didn't deny my app lol. But both the last two times I app'd they did the same 30 day thing with me. So see if I have to call in again or if they will just approve me faster this time.

Message 6 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can periodically check the status of your application when you call the automated system. 

The 30-day message simply means that it's in the application pipeline, but it hasn't been reviewed.

Best of luck with the app and keep us posted. 

Message 7 of 12
yowhatimean
Contributor

Update 2/13/20: I've been calling the 800 number the last couple days and finally today it say's that I've been approved for a $31k credit line! Took em 8 days to make a decision, not too bad.

Message 8 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, congratulations on your approval and massive SL! 👍

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.