You can now pre-qualify for the business FNBO 2% Cashback card

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: You can now pre-qualify for the business FNBO 2% Cashback card

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

OK Well here's the bottom line:

Approved for 15k starting limit, which is the limit that was in the preapproval.

It took 24 days from application (within the 2-4 weeks they had projected).

They pulled EX. My EX FICO 8 at the time was 713. I don't know which scoring model they look at.

I had substantial recent inquiries in EX. No new accounts though.

Had substantial aggregate utilization at the time, in the neighborhood of 34-35%.

The only documents they asked for were the company's organization documents and proof of address, which happened to be the same document.

Very glad to add a 2% cash back, no annual fee, non-Amex, business card.  The 0% introductory APR is icing on the cake.

Congrats...  EX Bankcard 09 is what they use. 

Thanks. I believe my FICO BC 9 was even lower than 713. I don't know what it was on June 27th, but it was 710 on July 6th and 695 on June 7th.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 61 of 110
jnbowmar
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this, my biz pre-qualifies for a secured card, with a security deposit from 2200-110,000 (110% of the credit limit)

I just opened a chase biz checking account thats offering a 300 dollar bonus for a 2000 deposit for 60 days, so its almost like a sign that I should park 2k in the new biz account and then use that and the bonus to open a secured biz card with FNBO.

Message 62 of 110
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

My DM prequaled for 15k at 22% today. Not sure what her EX Bankcard 9 is, but her EX8 is at 737. Her business is an s-corp and she got the 2-4 week message like so many upthread. 

I told her to look out for the 10-14 day message in the next coming days. It seems like once that message is received, it might be prudent to phone in and ask if any addtional documents are required and email them?

Message 63 of 110
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@quikj9 wrote:

My DM prequaled for 15k at 22% today. Not sure what her EX Bankcard 9 is, but her EX8 is at 737. Her business is an s-corp and she got the 2-4 week message like so many upthread. 

I told her to look out for the 10-14 day message in the next coming days. It seems like once that message is received, it might be prudent to phone in and ask if any addtional documents are required and email them?

I don't recall receiving a 10-14 day message. 

I did receive a snail mail letter requesting documents proving my business's existence and address.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 64 of 110
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Congrats @SouthJamaica! The bottom line is what counts.

Way to be persistent and following through to get your approval. 

The length of time (24 days) reminds me of my US Bank approval. Very slow.

For recent inquires and moderate utilization you did very well.

Enjoy your 2% cb card, no AF, 0% APR for 12 months, and business reporting tradeline/s.

bizcredit11

Message 65 of 110
MansaMusa
New Contributor

I received the prequal for 15K like many people. I applied and received the 10-14 day message on the 14th, followed by a denial email on the 23rd. I'm dumbfounded, for I haven't been denied for credit, business or personal in several years. All my DPs are great to excellent. The only thing I can possibly think of is something simple like address of business. Is this something I should recon?
Message 66 of 110
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

What did your email say @MansaMusa? Are you expecting a letter as well?

bizcredit11

Message 67 of 110
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@MansaMusa wrote:
I received the prequal for 15K like many people. I applied and received the 10-14 day message on the 14th, followed by a denial email on the 23rd. I'm dumbfounded, for I haven't been denied for credit, business or personal in several years. All my DPs are great to excellent. The only thing I can possibly think of is something simple like address of business. Is this something I should recon?

You are not the only one and reading through the thread, it seems FNBO is slow and just nonchalant about getting applications approved or denied.  I still stand by my statement earlier on this thread. (Mod cut - please familiarize and be aware of the myFICO Terms of Service and Forum Etiquette (FSR) guidelines - there are no exceptions)

Applied on 06/27/21

Declined on 07/11/21 Due to needing proof of business address, per website status page and after calling recon, stated I would receive a letter on the decline. As of 07/25/21 No decline letter.

Received letter on 07/15/21 That in order to complete my application that is incomplete due to missing or unverifiable information, I have 20 days to complete application. 

I have faxed proof of business address, a utility bill at the business address and stated I never received a call at my business number 3 times on 07/12.

On 07/19/21 I mailed them proof of business address, a utility bill at the business address and stated I never received a call at my business number, as the letter dated 07/15/21 stated I have 20 days to send them information to verify my business address. In this letter I stated I wanted my application escalated.

Regardless if I get credit from FNBO, the process has been less than stellar and I find them to have a Barclays attitude towards granting credit.

Message 68 of 110
MansaMusa
New Contributor

@bizcredit11 wrote:

What did your email say @MansaMusa? Are you expecting a letter as well?

bizcredit11

The link to the decision said, "Your credit card application has been declined. A letter will be sent to you within 7 - 10 business days explaining why your application was declined."

I just called them, the rep talked to the underwriter that worked my file but said I would have to wait on my letter. No additional information.

Message 69 of 110
MansaMusa
New Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@MansaMusa wrote:

You are not the only one and reading through the thread, it seems FNBO is slow and just nonchalant about getting applications approved or denied.  I still stand by my statement earlier on this thread. (Mod cut - please familiarize and be aware of the myFICO Terms of Service and Forum Etiquette (FSR) guidelines - there are no exceptions)

Applied on 06/27/21

Declined on 07/11/21 Due to needing proof of business address, per website status page and after calling recon, stated I would receive a letter on the decline. As of 07/25/21 No decline letter.

Received letter on 07/15/21 That in order to complete my application that is incomplete due to missing or unverifiable information, I have 20 days to complete application. 

I have faxed proof of business address, a utility bill at the business address and stated I never received a call at my business number 3 times on 07/12.

On 07/19/21 I mailed them proof of business address, a utility bill at the business address and stated I never received a call at my business number, as the letter dated 07/15/21 stated I have 20 days to send them information to verify my business address. In this letter I stated I wanted my application escalated.

Regardless if I get credit from FNBO, the process has been less than stellar and I find them to have a Barclays attitude towards granting credit.

That is unacceptable. FNBO really can keep that little little $15K; I'm just upset that I wasted a hard pull after their system prequalified me, and I KNOW I have excellent personal and great business credit.
Message 70 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.