Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your journey to building $100,000+ business credit

tag
bigpoppa1
New Contributor

Your journey to building $100,000+ business credit

For those who have $100,000+ in business credit,

Where did you learn how to build business credit?

What tradelines did you apply for and in what order?

What were you personal credit scores?

Which tradelines pulled personal credit, soft pull, or no personal credit?

Which tradelines required a PG, or no PG?

Personal: Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards $1,000, Capital One Quicksilver $3,000, Avant $750, Credit One $450, Credit One Black $950, Destiny $300, Milestone $300, Mission Lane $400, Cerulean $1,500, Merrick Bank Black $700, Upgrade $1,000, Fingerhut $1,300.....

C-Corporation: Universal Premium Fleetcor $22,000, BP $9,000, Shell $10,000, Amazon $5,000, Lowe's $6,500, Phillips 66 $3,000
4 REPLIES 4
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: Your journey to building $100,000+ business credit

I reached 100k+ recently. No hp on personal or pg for any with personal scores 800+. I learned about net 30s here and the rest from the credit plug on YouTube. He pretty much explains it all. 

I started off with uline, pilot, nav and capital on tap with 10k line. I can't remember my exact d&b and exp scores but they were still showing high risk. They were right under the scores needed for less risk. 

Then I needed to buy another truck and wanted to see if I could get commercial financing with no pg. I was approved for 56k @ 8% (ouch) no pg through ally.

That finally pushed my scores to low risk on d&b 80 and exp 79. Just got these so they haven't reported yet. 

Citizens bank card - 35k

The credit plug

Marcus GM business card - 32.5k

The credit plug

Marcus biz line of credit - 41.5k

amazon lending

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@bigpoppa1 wrote:

For those who have $100,000+ in business credit,

Where did you learn how to build business credit?

What tradelines did you apply for and in what order?

What were you personal credit scores?

Which tradelines pulled personal credit, soft pull, or no personal credit?

Which tradelines required a PG, or no PG?

I never did learn how. I still don't understand business credit.

My first business credit card was a Capital One Spark card, which I no longer have, and which I would not recommend since it reports to personal credit.  I don't know if it reports to business credit, or if so to whom it reports.

Before I got my first business credit card, I did for years have some vendors whose invoices were payable within 30 days.  I didn't think of that as "business credit", as I do not remember any credit applications, but I guess those were "Net 30" accounts.  I don't know if they reported anywhere, though.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 5
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I've been successful in amassing over $100K in Business Credit with only a few HP's...2 to be exact

Several have come from personal SP approvals.  Plenty of examples on here. Admittedly, none of really been whoppers like on the personal side (my highest business CL is $40K).  My personal file is well established and scores are all over 830

Message 4 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Amex and Chase weren't interested in lending to trusts, so the lending has mostly been on a sole proprietor basis where I or a relative PG everything and just pay the bills with trust accounts.

There's virtually no serious financial risk so giving a PG is not a problem.

Reaching $100k happened pretty quickly, given long histories on the personal side of PIFing occasional 5-figure balances with Amex and Chase.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.