cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

better bank for business and/or relationship? US Bank or BofA?

tag
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

better bank for business and/or relationship? US Bank or BofA?

Which bank is better for establishing business/credit relationship? US Bank or Bank of America? I see I really like US Bank's Cash+ and also their buiness card US Bank Business Cash. I've heard only good things about Bank of America Cash Rewards, but I've heard some really bad stuff about their banking and fees. What do you guys think? I plan on openning both US Bank Cash+ and BofA's Cash rewards in the next 3-4 months. Also would like to start a business relationship with them with a business savings account first.

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: better bank for business and/or relationship? US Bank or BofA?

We were with US Bank for all personal and business accounts for about 10 years. After dealing with their customer service where they lost a large wire transfer we jumped. They claimed for weeks that they didn't have it even though we had full FED tracking showing them they had it. Took a complaint with CFPB before they "found" it. Some love US Bank, we will never deal with them again. We moved to Chase and couldn't be happier. 

Can't speak to BofA

Message 2 of 7
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

My 2¢, you will find pros and cons from people here for every financial institution. Banks make mistakes as humans run them, so I would choose an institution that currently treats you well now, knowing there are other options if something goes wrong. The relationship aspect is a fairytale. I think banks tell us when we're about to sleep, lol. Maybe a CU, maybe, but personally, I see banking as transactions with no relationship included. If I get someone who will go the extra mile, I WON that day!

Example: I have had friends, family, and personal experiences with a chase where I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. But there are others who I know chase has bent over backward for them being in the wrong.

But, to answer your question, I like U.S. Bank over BOFA.

Message 3 of 7
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@MudkipsRKooL I've never dealt with US Bank but certainly nothing but headaches with BoA business checking and horrible customer service.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As slready stated a person's experience will vary with each Bank, in one aspect they might be really good as for another tehy fall short of your expectations. You'll really only know dealing with them first hand. 

I can't speak to USB BIZ Checking as I don't haveit, though I do have a personal accout  and it suits me just fine with no complaints as of yet. Othe rthan them charging to transfer Money, which is easily bypassed by by pulling or pushing from an outside instistution. What put me off of BOA BIZ Checking was the fact that most recently they dropped the min $3K balance requiremnt as well as at leat $250 net spend on a linked BIZ CC withing a statemnt period. So now in order to avoid the monthly fee you need to maintain average daily balance of $5K period, which i just couldn't do duiring this point in time. Nor do I want to when it's earning nothing, i can have those fundd elsewhere earning interest rather than just keeing me from paying $16 a month!  So left BoA behind and opened an account with BlueVine that pays 1%.

Message 5 of 7
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the input I guess I might just bank with Chase lmao. I didn't realize both had bad rep with some people.

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What are you trying to do. When you choose a Business Bank it is for helping your business grow with credit / lines of credit / Letter of credit and so many ways they can help you. Any large bank has issues dealing with small business. You can also try getting into one of your local banks or regional banks / local credit union and start the relationship. Once your business grows then you can look into moving. For instance I had BOA Business account. Later I moved to US Bank for their products like retirement account and 401K and other products they offer and no fees for it. So you have to decide what is best for your business and then move forward.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.