Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business card recommendations

tag
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

business card recommendations

Of all the cards I have I only have one business card which is this stupid capital one spark business card with a $2500 limit that I'd honestly like to replace with something else.

I have relationships with a lot of the big banks on the personal side (like chase & amex) and I have a business banking relationship with chase.

i don't think i could manage an ink approval, but do I stand a chance at any other business card approvals with a ~690 fico ? I use my capital one right now and I dislike the fact that it reports on my personal credit. Especially if I want to carry a balance for a month. I have been pre-approved for a the gold business amex but I can't justify the AF nor will I meet the 5K spend.

My business bank accounts are with chase & have been for two years next month. 

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: business card recommendations

@jeffm4688 wrote:

Of all the cards I have I only have one business card which is this stupid capital one spark business card with a $2500 limit that I'd honestly like to replace with something else.

I have relationships with a lot of the big banks on the personal side (like chase & amex) and I have a business banking relationship with chase.

i don't think i could manage an ink approval, but do I stand a chance at any other business card approvals with a ~690 fico ? I use my capital one right now and I dislike the fact that it reports on my personal credit. Especially if I want to carry a balance for a month. I have been pre-approved for a the gold business amex but I can't justify the AF.

My business bank accounts are with chase & have been for two years next month. 

Why wouldn't you be approved by Chase? Ink cards are top notch and since you have a relationship already that would be my first attempt ....just me tho

Amex has great options as well depending on your needs SimplyCash or Plum 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 16
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I took the plunge on the Ink Cash, I have been denied for it in the past but I don't exactly recall when.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 3 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jeffm4688 wrote:

I took the plunge on the Ink Cash, I have been denied for it in the past but I don't exactly recall when.

You remember the reason Jeff?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 16
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

yes, seeking credit & INQ's. But then I got approved for other chase cards, I don't think I even tried to recon the business card last time though. 

What survived:
Message 5 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jeffm4688 wrote:

yes, seeking credit & INQ's. But then I got approved for other chase cards, I don't think I even tried to recon the business card last time though. 

No recon....bad move since Chase is really good with recon but hey don't let last time stop you if you think you stand a chance 

If it were me 

My order would be Ink before Amex but possibly both if needed or one was denied SimplyCash probably being the easiest 

Current Fico Ex EQ scores?

Good luck should you app and let us know the outcome

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 16
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

EX 690 currently, I don't need both currently so I will hold off on the amex. I got 30 days with ink cash so i'll see how it goes.

What survived:
Message 7 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jeffm4688 wrote:

EX 690 currently, I don't need both currently so I will hold off on the amex. I got 30 days with ink cash so i'll see how it goes.

Hey now that's a good sign 30 day which is the average response 

Better than a flat out denial right....Smiley Wink

Good luck I'll be pulling for you

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a point of reference my EX was 707 when I was approved for the SimplyCash with a $10K SL.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As a point of reference my EX was 707 when I was approved for the SimplyCash with a $10K SL.

Did they also pull EQ?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.