Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

establishing a loan

tag
rudy
Regular Contributor

establishing a loan

Hi everyone, i am trying to get a loan or a line of credit in my company name.

Here is a little history. I have been in bussiness since 2006 as a sp. I am in the middle of changing it to a s corp. I opened 1 cc in my bussiness name and paid on time, no late pays and a small balance.

1. What would be a good bank to apply for this loan or line of credit (30,000)

2. what is some of the paper work they will want for the loan

3.and any other information that will be needed or any information that will help

I thank you all inadvance

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: establishing a loan

@rudy wrote:

Hi everyone, i am trying to get a loan or a line of credit in my company name.

Here is a little history. I have been in bussiness since 2006 as a sp. I am in the middle of changing it to a s corp. I opened 1 cc in my bussiness name and paid on time, no late pays and a small balance.

1. What would be a good bank to apply for this loan or line of credit (30,000)

2. what is some of the paper work they will want for the loan

3.and any other information that will be needed or any information that will help

I thank you all inadvance

Just a heads up...NO BANK is going to issue you a line of credit without the business having a DNB # with a Paydex score in good standing and being incorporated. I have an established business with 88 Experian score, 80 Paydex, 6 tradelines reporting on DNB and 5 reporting on Experian and I haven't been able to get lines of credit of 30k for my business and all my tradelines are about 5k an up.

Maybe they want to see more history. If you offer a PG then you might get that amount but getting it just on your business credit alone, that may take you awhile. Just some helpful tips.

King

Message Edited by 74king on 07-05-2009 09:38 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: establishing a loan

I agree with King.

Banks will want to see not only credit, but cashflow and profit/loss.  They will want a PG, so don't even kid yourself in thinking otherwise.  If you aren't willing to stand behind your business, why should they?  That is me asking the question that a bank is thinking.

If you have a business with plenty of credit, adequate cashflow (and that cash flows through the bank you want to deal with) then you stand a chance.  But banks don't do "venture capital" beyond what you personally qualify for (so essentially a personal cc or loc in your business name).

Personally, I don't see why people are so adverse to PG.  You shouldn't be gambling on business credit anyway.  If you won't sign on the dotted line, you shouldn't ask somebody else to either IMO.

If you seek venture or risk capital, then you need to go the Angel Investor or small VC route (which is tough and expensive).  But the higher the risk, the more costly the capital.

When you go to a bank for a loan, they want to be protected.  They want assets, cash and/or YOU. 

I have several LOC's for 30-50k+ in business, but I have a PG on all of them.  It makes it easier and faster to get and keeps my rates lower, since the risk to the bank is less if they can pursue me personally.

Just remember, whether you are incorporated or SP, the business is YOU until you have established history, sales and cashflow and basically gotten it to a level that it truly is a business entity of itself.  Until them, its just your alter ego and aka.

Those banks who did easy credit for business are suffering now.  So let's not ask anyone to repeat the problem.  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-04-2009 09:38 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.