Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first Business card approved- CIP

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

first Business card approved- CIP

First ever application for a 'business card' and approved.

This was such a weird application process. Mind you first time ever applying.

Applied on 11.18.19 late at night- (Was officially under 5/24 on 11.14.19).

Received the lovely "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible.
Thank you for choosing Chase." message. I was nervouse at first, considering it was my first application. I thought about calling in, maybe they needed to verify info? Anyways, thank god I didnt. Did a quick research, and they said to first await a response.

7-10 days is a bad thing. 7 days is good. 30 days means it hasnt been processed. (via Reddit)

I was getting the 30 day message on the auto, and called daily, also checked my account every other day, with no luck. 

So, I got a H.I. noticed immediately from Equifax on 11.18.19, then I get a notification from Experian on 11.20.19.. Was weird.. usually I get it same day. Thought it wasnt a big deal. So it's Friday last week, and still no change to 30 day status, I caved in and called to speak to a rep.. who told me I would hear a response in 7-10 days, as its still in 30 day status..

Wasnt sure what to think. At this moment, I was like whatever.. I'll wait.

This morning, I decided to call and boom, music to my ears from robo lady-

Approved, SL 5k.

First 'business' card. Let the games begin, until 3 months hehe Smiley Wink

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: first Business card approved- CIP

Thank you for the detailed timeline and data. I noticed they pulled EQ for you, what state are you located in?

Looks like it took 7 business days, not bad! Congrats!

edit: nice sn Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

I live in Texas.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on the approval!

And here I thought Chase preferred some history, and you got it the first time out! 

Darn dreaded 5/24 is keeping me from this card for another year. lol

Message 4 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Random_idiot wrote:

First ever application for a 'business card' and approved.

This was such a weird application process. Mind you first time ever applying.

Applied on 11.18.19 late at night- (Was officially under 5/24 on 11.14.19).

Received the lovely "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible.
Thank you for choosing Chase." message. I was nervouse at first, considering it was my first application. I thought about calling in, maybe they needed to verify info? Anyways, thank god I didnt. Did a quick research, and they said to first await a response.

7-10 days is a bad thing. 7 days is good. 30 days means it hasnt been processed. (via Reddit)

I was getting the 30 day message on the auto, and called daily, also checked my account every other day, with no luck. 

So, I got a H.I. noticed immediately from Equifax on 11.18.19, then I get a notification from Experian on 11.20.19.. Was weird.. usually I get it same day. Thought it wasnt a big deal. So it's Friday last week, and still no change to 30 day status, I caved in and called to speak to a rep.. who told me I would hear a response in 7-10 days, as its still in 30 day status..

Wasnt sure what to think. At this moment, I was like whatever.. I'll wait.

This morning, I decided to call and boom, music to my ears from robo lady-

Approved, SL 5k.

Well that is sweet. Out of the gate, you got the best business card in the business.

That's the one and only card on my wish list.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Random_idiot wrote:

Well that is sweet. Out of the gate, you got the best business card in the business.

That's the one and only card on my wish list.

The "BEST" biz card?  That's awesome OP!  Congrats stepping into the room like a Boss and owning it.  Also "Random_idiot" is just badarse...love it!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job! :-)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.