Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving limits around - amex business

tag
SG43
Regular Contributor

moving limits around - amex business

Is it possible to reallocate limits between amex business products? I don't really use my  BBC as i focus on points. Does amex allow closing and reallocating the limit to my BBP? Also if i decide to close either the BBP or Amex Prime, can those limits move to each other respectively?

Open Installments - Nfcu Auto (51% Left)
Closed Installments - Cap 1 Auto, Chase Auto, Prosperity Bank Secured
Closed Revolvers - Nfcu Plat V, NFCU Plat MC, Citi Simp, Citi DC, Citi DP, Cap1 Plat, Cap1 V1, Chase FU, First Premier, Capital1 Quicksilver, BBVA/PNC Points, Apple Card GS, Discover IT
Closed Busi - Amex BBC & BBP (Chopping block: Amex Prime, Sapphire Reserve [pyb changes])
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: moving limits around - amex business

@SG43 wrote:

Is it possible to reallocate limits betweenamexx business products? I don't really use my  BBC as i focus on points. Doesamexx allow closing and reallocating the limit to myBBPP? Also if i decide to close either theBBPP orAmexx Prime, can those limits move to each other respectively?

Yes, they do allow you to move credit from business products to other business products. You can even do this yourself through online account management through the Account Services menu; though, I do not believe you can fully move 100% of one cards limit to another and close it out on your own. 

Amex transfer.JPG

From here it will take you to a screen wherein you would chose the card from and the card to, in increments of $100.00. Or, if you prefer, you can call them and perform this through customer service. 

Message 2 of 5
SG43
Regular Contributor

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed reply! Thank you. 

Open Installments - Nfcu Auto (51% Left)
Closed Installments - Cap 1 Auto, Chase Auto, Prosperity Bank Secured
Closed Revolvers - Nfcu Plat V, NFCU Plat MC, Citi Simp, Citi DC, Citi DP, Cap1 Plat, Cap1 V1, Chase FU, First Premier, Capital1 Quicksilver, BBVA/PNC Points, Apple Card GS, Discover IT
Closed Busi - Amex BBC & BBP (Chopping block: Amex Prime, Sapphire Reserve [pyb changes])
Message 3 of 5
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

@SG43 wrote:

Is it possible to reallocate limits between amex business products? I don't really use my  BBC as i focus on points. Does amex allow closing and reallocating the limit to my BBP? Also if i decide to close either the BBP or Amex Prime, can those limits move to each other respectively?

Per Amex csr, you can only move a credit line every 30 days, I am waiting to run that 30 day clock to move another line myself and then call to close one of my HH cards

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 4 of 5
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

Per Amex csr, you can only move a credit line every 30 days, I am waiting to run that 30 day clock to move another line myself and then call to close one of my HH cards

That's correct. I have moved credit between my Delta Reserve for Business and Marriott Bonvoy Business cards multiple times now but you must wait 30 full days or it will be automatically denied. It's pretty convenient to be able to do it yourself. Another detail that might be of interest is that, according to the page to transfer credit lines:

"You can request to have a portion of your available credit transferred between two of your eligible consumer credit cards, between two of your eligible business credit cards or from your eligible consumer credit card to business credit card"

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.