Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's going on?

tag
hoang817
Regular Contributor

what's going on?

With my personal status with no business status...I dont know why i can not apply (approved) for any Business CC??

please help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what's going on?

No business status ? not sure what you mean !

Message 2 of 8
hoang817
Regular Contributor

meaning i have not apply for anything under my business name nor EIN
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@hoang817 wrote:
meaning i have not apply for anything under my business name nor EIN

You can certainly do so. Now virtually every creditor now requires a personal guarantee so you'll have to include your name, SSN, etc. But each business app offers you the chance to enter your EIN so as to get credit building in your business name and increases the odds of building a DnB file, Experian Biz credit report file, and so on.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. Of course start with vendors that report to business credit. Just because they ask for SS# does not mean thet are running your personal credit. Net 30 accounts usually do not. The SS# is mainly for patriot act reasons. Applying for unsecured cash credit later on - well- they might run your personal credit but that comes later. Most these days will run yoru personal credit but as with all loans, some banks are conservative and some not.  If you do have a great business credit file (D&B, Experian etc) than the personal will matter less.

I honestly feel that this is the time to start building business credit (bad times). Ones the tide turns even a little than you will be a head of the pack. Times will change even if they take 10 more years lol. Please - this is just my opinion and I have experience in this.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you here aiman. Lending standards will loosen up once there's an economic recovery..

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah - being prepared is all we can really do. What is that saying "when preparation meets......."

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might try gas cards. I was in the same place 2 years ago.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.