Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would happen in this scenario?

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

what would happen in this scenario?

I just got the ink about 10 days ago, I need to go to england for business in late october, I am buying a refundable round trip ticket due to the fact that there is a possibility that my client might have to be in the states at the same time and if he does I can then cancel and meet him on this side. now my question is after buying the ticket I will in effect meet my $5000 spend for the sign up bonus, my issue is that once I meet the spend I will be slowing down on the ink, now what if I eventually do cancel the ticket and then go below the $5000 spend! will they take the bonus back? will I then have to meet that threshold again? please advise. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: what would happen in this scenario?

Yes they will cancel the bonus until you meet the spending requirements. That is the reason they have the requirements for the bonus.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 5
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Yes they will cancel the bonus until you meet the spending requirements. That is the reason they have the requirements for the bonus.

ok, so they would deduct the bonus points back, hmmm, I guess I would then have to continue spending as if I didnt meet the threshold just in case I do have to cancel, cause if I wait till the end of october that would not give me enough time to meet the spend again. do I have that right?

Message 3 of 5
keithB
Established Contributor

This is why most points and cash backs hold off on points and cash back credits.  Many of times people would only charge stuff only to make the bonus and try to get credit.

Sounds like if you want the Ink bonus, you need to start allocating your spend on more than just a maybe.

Message 4 of 5
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@keithB wrote:

This is why most points and cash backs hold off on points and cash back credits.  Many of times people would only charge stuff only to make the bonus and try to get credit.

Sounds like if you want the Ink bonus, you need to start allocating your spend on more than just a maybe.

I agree, though its a slight possibility the ticket would be cancelled I should still spend as if its not there, thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.