cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you in mortgage trouble? See the results of this poll.

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Are you in mortgage trouble? See the results of this poll.

If you’ve had a recent experience seeking mortgage loan relief... or you're just beginning to be concerned about your mortgage... or you're considering banktruptcy... or you’ve simply had some experience with the mortgage crisis, then please share what you've learned with the community!

And if you haven’t done so yet, please vote in our latest poll. Thanks!

Poll results:
* I’ve already gone through foreclosure or forced sale (7%)

* I’m not behind but I fear future trouble (13%)

* I’m currently late on at least one mortgage payment (13%)

* I’m not in trouble and not worried (47%) 

* Other? (20%)

Total Votes: 15

Message Edited by Barry on 06-19-2009 10:03 AM
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: COMMUNITY POLL: Are you in mortgage trouble?

Hmmm...where's the poll??

I'm not in "trouble", but I'd sure like to refi!  Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, good, I'm not the only one who can't find these things! Click back to the main Community Poll page, that lists all the threads, and you'll see the poll there.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 13
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I'd like to think I'm an intelligent person...but I'm still seeing no poll. 
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Try this link:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board?board.id=pollboard

Look for the green heading.

Believe me, I've gone through this myself.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

What about an option in the poll for those who don't have a mortgage, or own their property free & clear.
Message 6 of 13
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I considered a re-fi, but found out that most of my equity has dried up, as has most others I suppose.  They wont talk to me since I have  less than  20% equity now.  After 17 years of a perfect mortgage history, ( never late and never missed a payment ), my own mortgage bank wont even talk to me.  Well, when things turn around,  I will be seeking a new loan from a different bank.  You know what they say about pay-backs.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those in some other category, choose other in the poll. It's what I did.

Not in trouble, and I can afford my mortgage. We're upside down on a zero down, interest only, but we can still afford it. We got the house for about 9% below what comparables were selling for. However, since the value of everything has declined so much, now we're upside down a bit.

Our reset, which I believe was 6 or 8 years out, raises our total PITA monthly payment only about $100--less than a 5% increase over the total payment. I know because I read the TILA payment schedule at closing. I'm not worried about making the payment, unless I lost my job.

If I lost my job, all bets are off in this economy. Look for work, take a lower paying job and a second job, take a lower paying job and go late a few months and apply for a mortgage adjustment, short sale, try to rent it out, et al. All depends. If all else fails, there's jingle mail, but I'd try to negotiate some less adverse reported on my CRs.

If it happened, I wouldn't take options off the table. Had creditors calling me in the past. Now I'm just better armed with knowledge gained, umm, er, out there in the Wild Wild West of the World Wide Web on evil credit repair forums. Increasingly, CAs seem dumber and more willing to commit overt violations of the FDCPA. I know because I get calls on my answering machine from CAs who have the wrong number looking for people who don't live with me and I don't know. I guess I really should stop writing my home number on bathroom walls.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not in any trouble as I have no mortgage but I am unable to qualify with the new standards.
Message 9 of 13
cabana7
Valued Member

Not in  trouble but does keep me on my toes...The mortgage crisis will improve when jobs improve...Smiley Indifferent
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.